Advanced Flagship Planar Headphone, Cosmo Shows Up!
Apr 12, 2024 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

MOONDROP

Sponsor: Moondrop
🎉Cosmo comes to us! Priced at US$899!

Introducing Cosmo, the brand-new flagship planar headphone that blends cutting-edge scientific tuning with exceptional craftsmanship. Boasting a full-size 100mm planar driver, the Nanoscale ultra-thin diaphragm, and a highly elastic ultra-thin pure silver etched circuit, Cosmo delivers unparalleled stable sound. We invite you to check it out now!
PHI_4617.jpg

Let's see the graph first.
8.jpg

In contrast to traditional planar magnetic headphones, Cosmo adopts an ultra-large 100mm-diameter diaphragm incorporating Full Drive Technology (FDT). The entire vibrating surface of the diaphragm is evenly covered with effective driving circuits and enclosed in a magnetic field. This technology results in low-split vibration far superior to traditional planar magnetic headphones and comparable to that of electrostatics.
PHI_6784.jpg

Additionally, Cosmo uses a Nanoscale ultra-thin diaphragm, the ultra-thin low-tension diaphragm substrate with a thickness of approx. 500nm meets the requirements of a wider frequency band, lower dive, and faster detail response speed, delivering exceptionally high quality.

The highly elastic pure silver circuit made of ultra-thin silver film ensures high efficiency/low heat loss and uniform stress.

With the help of TBT (Tension Balancing Technology) diaphragm surface tension is subjected to secondary balancing processing, thus greatly eliminating large dynamic distortion and ensuring more stable high quality.
PHI_6775.jpg

Cosmo innovatively adds three-dimensional independent high-frequency phase control waveguide components on both sides of the diaphragm to greatly reduce the phase cancellation caused by reflection and diffraction of medium-high frequency and high-frequency sound waves in the front and rear cavities, so that the treble tone is smoother and more delicate, and the sound image is more open and real.
PHI_6757.jpg

The Cosmo planar magnetic headphone adopts an array of 36 extra-large N52 neodymium strip magnets to generate a planar magnetic field covering the entire vibrating surface of the diaphragm, optimized by FEA finite element simulation to ensure the uniform and efficient distribution of the magnetic field over the vibrating surface.
PHI_6752.jpg

In terms of the vital part, sound performance, thanks to the innovative application of new electro-acoustic technology and patented acoustic structure design, Cosmo achieves superior acoustic performance equal to classic high-end flagship headphones. The smoother wide-band amplitude-frequency response characteristics of highly-matched VDSF bring to Cosmo an open soundstage, a more extended timbre, excellent details, punchy dynamics, and burr-free treble. Even at sound pressures exceeding 1Pa, Cosmo can achieve ultra-low nonlinear distortion below 0.05% across almost the entire frequency range, enabling it to offer a pure, uncolored, relaxed, natural, and stable timbre, and reach the quality level of high-end desktop systems.
PHI_4798.jpg

By the way, we're glad to present our newest Earhook, EVO, featuring dual ES9318 decoding chip built-in, priced at US$89.99. Now, It comes with a universal 0.78mm 2pin jack for wider compatibility and supports aptX Adaptive for high-quality, low-latency transmission. If you're looking for a wireless setup for your favorite earphones, give it a shot!
1.jpg

Any questions, suggestions, and feedback are welcome.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Apr 12, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 16
Will this last longer than 6 months without some sort of failure? That's the real question.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 16
Proud of you @MOONDROP - just yesterday I was thinking in my head - why hasn't FiiO or etc.. taken on the HiFiMan Susvara at this point in time. Your FR graph looks like you are going right at them. So close to an insta-buy for me.

I'd honestly like to hear them first or first hand experience from people I trust before I buy... hey @Currawong - where you at on these? :)

What channels will these be available to purchase from in the United States?

P.S. - @MOONDROP - think highly about your cable input jacks. Recess the jack and angle it forward - Check out what Audeze has done with their LCD line.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #7 of 16
@MOONDROP These look like some fantastic headphones. The freq. response looks promising too, 100mm drivers are bananas also. I implore you to reconsider how the 3.5mm jacks connect to the headphones. Take a look at how the Tungstens have their jacks. This is one of the best examples if not the best of how and where a cable connects to a headphone. The current Cosmo design will have the connectors hitting our shoulders, which really isn't an acceptable thing of a headphone of this caliber.

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 16
Coming from LCD-2C, Sash Tres, Sundara, HE-4xx, MP145 (iem) which are planars, i definitely gonna jump into the boat.

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #12 of 16
Following - interested :)

Apr 15, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #14 of 16
@MOONDROP These look like some fantastic headphones. The freq. response looks promising too, 100mm drivers are bananas also. I implore you to reconsider how the 3.5mm jacks connect to the headphones. Take a look at how the Tungstens have their jacks. This is one of the best examples if not the best of how and where a cable connects to a headphone. The current Cosmo design will have the connectors hitting our shoulders, which really isn't an acceptable thing of a headphone of this caliber.
It looks very much like the Moondrop PARA (their 300 USD planars) with a different design of the cup surface but otherwise very similar including the slightly angled connectors, the same headband mechanism and the same attachment system for the pads with the magnetic discs. The connectors on the PARA are angled sufficiently that the cables won’t hit your shoulders (unlike for the Venus).

Edit: Besides the innovative drivers, the cable is obviously also a step up from the PARA/Venus.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #15 of 16
By the way, we're glad to present our newest Earhook, EVO, featuring dual ES9318 decoding chip built-in, priced at US$89.99. Now, It comes with a universal 0.78mm 2pin jack for wider compatibility and supports aptX Adaptive for high-quality, low-latency transmission. If you're looking for a wireless setup for your favorite earphones, give it a shot!

Any questions, suggestions, and feedback are welcome.

Hi Moondrop, is the EVO compatible with the Link app and PEQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back