Advanced AcousticWerkes W900 Hybrid Flagship Thread
Jun 3, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #256 of 339
While I'd totally agree that the bore finish is not one should expect from a flagship product, it seems like everything's mostly aesthetic in the end. The faceplates are still beautiful to look at and the overall shell quality looks clean.

Docking points for AAW's consistency in this case, but personally it's not really enough to warrant a return, is it? It was done in two weeks when they quoted eight. My W900 took about 8 weeks to craft and I was one of the first to place the order for it.

(Not defending them or anything, but criticism where criticism is due and credit where credit is due.)
It really hard to see on the picture. I will try to take some pics about the glue or something stick around the shell after i'm done my work.
Btw the left 2 pin socket is loose. It's really easy unplug the cable. The right is tighter.

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #257 of 339
It really hard to see on the picture. I will try to take some pics about the glue or something stick around the shell after i'm done my work.
Btw the left 2 pin socket is loose. It's really easy unplug the cable. The right is tighter.
Wow , its actually that bad.

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #258 of 339
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Well if it really is that bad, the best option is just to return and refund I guess. Shame you got the short end of the stick; hope this isn't a sign of their decline.

Jun 3, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #260 of 339
Yes - one key advantage of universals is resale and I worry he would take a hit on value if the defect is not corrected.
Yup i want universal iem because its easy to sell later. They offered me 2 weeks, i didn't rush them. Actually they've done in about one week and half and then 3 days shipping from Singapore to the US.

Here some pics, hope you can see

20170603_110728.jpg
20170603_110744.jpg
20170603_111001.jpg
20170603_111058.jpg
20170603_111122.jpg

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #261 of 339
As a consumer, and someone who has worked entirely in the service industry i think this just screams of bad service and shoddy workmanship.

I would totally send it back and i hope you do so too. If you just accept this they might think it's just fine to do this with their other customers. They will think they can get away with such BS.

And thanks for sharing this and keeping the community informed.

P.S. Doesn't matter if the product was rushed or not. They had the choice of not accepting your order when you told them that you couldn't wait that long but still they did; so this is totally UNACCEPTABLE. IF they could not have sent out a quality product befitting of what you paid for then they should not have even sent it out to begin with!

Jun 4, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #263 of 339
After hearing the W900 (if I were to receive a set such as those), I'd ask for a replacement, and that they allow me to use the defective set until the new unit arrived.

Jun 4, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #264 of 339
After hearing the W900 (if I were to receive a set such as those), I'd ask for a replacement, and that they allow me to use the defective set until the new unit arrived.
If no way i can get my money back, i will ask a replacement. I don't like ppl do business like this.
Another look at bore holes. Look at the left side. It's not clear like the right side.

20170604_123246.jpg

Jun 4, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #266 of 339
I'm sure they can do that. But I'm really mad because of the way they did. Why they didn't check anything before they shipped. It's not a cheap iem. Wasted my time and their time. That's why i want a refund, not a replacement.

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #267 of 339
I'm sure they can do that. But I'm really mad because of the way they did. Why they didn't check anything before they shipped. It's not a cheap iem. Wasted my time and their time. That's why i want a refund, not a replacement.

I'm very glad you're making a stand and doing what you think is right .

Made to order you say ? Hahahah this just exacerbates how flippant their QC is ! If it was a mass produced item maybe there's some slight feeble excuse to admonish them overlooking such an issue....

This really casts an unfavourable light not only on AAW but on the rest of the other Singaporean audio companies as well . What will other consumers think? Afterall ; it only takes one bad egg to spoil the entire bunch ....

Disclaimer; I am not an AAW basher nor am I a member of the trade with any other audio affiliation.

Being Singaporean I have never been really confident with our own local products and Hung's experience further reinforces my doubts.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #268 of 339
Well i sent them total 3 emails from Friday, the day i received it. Right now is Monday, but i still didn't get any reply from them. I will send the 4th email today. If they still ignore it, i will ask Paypal to get my refund. Bad service and experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back