Admit to it: you wear headphones in public that you shouldn't!
Apr 21, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #286 of 308
I normally wear my MS-1s with the pretty yellow pads for a trip to the mailbox most everyday that it's not raining. But I have actually worn my HD600s a couple of times. The 600s aren't as happy with my PCDP, however.
frown.gif

But the cord is! The cable is flimsy enough I can stuff it in my shorts cargo pocket right in there with the PCDP!
600smile.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #287 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by huhwhat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But, I'm hoping to get myself a pair of ATH-SJ5 for my portable needs, since the V6s choke me when I try to hang them around my neck with the cups facing inward.

ATH-SJ5 is definitely very neckable. Haven't heard the V6 to compare it to, though, but the SJ5 is no slouch in it's price category IMO.

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #288 of 308
I wear my MS1s with yellow pads on the train every day. Though I am thinking of getting something better for portable use, looks don't matter at all though, already got darths for my pretty phones.

Apr 22, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #289 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Admit it!

You wear gigantic, probably-not-best-suited for public, or open headphones in public.

You probably shouldn't, and you get lots of funny looks, but you do. Sound trumps fashion, of course!

I can't be the only one wearing rediculously large headphones around. I know there are more of you. Raise your hands! Be proud!

You are certainly NOT the only one,I wear my wife's Senn's 497HD all the time.I just picked up soem AKG 601's and a set of Beyer DT250-80's and plan on using them both on the commute to school.I could care less what people think.
280smile.gif

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #291 of 308
I work in a loud software test lab. I get headaches if i don't drown out the whine of dozens of machines in unison, so headphones are more or less required for me.

In the last month or so I've worn k301, px100, hd25sp, cx300, t40, Pro 30, Dynaphase 40, dt770, and today I'm wearing ultra-rare Maior RPT-50 (1978 oem Fostex T50)

That's pretty much all i can listen to on portable sources. I need to bring in an amp so i can go through the high-Z portion of the collection.

So if you've seen some guy your building wearing all these crazy headphones, feel free to come by, say hi, and have a listen.

Apr 24, 2007 at 11:54 AM Post #292 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to wear Koss Pro 4AA's with my Sony Walkman.. very dorkish
icon10.gif
These days it's my Ety4

Brave man; I do not dare to wear mine. I usually wear DT100s (also pretty large), but never my PRO 4AAs.

Apr 24, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #293 of 308
I wear HD465's all day at school and they dont come off. Soon ill change over to DT990's once i restore them.

Apr 24, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #296 of 308
I wore my silver recabled KSC75 (Koss Monsters in my signature) all the time in to work and back. They're FUN!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aside from that, I wore DT770's while clothing shopping on the weekend. Wow, was that ever interesting, the little prick salespeople at the stores barely helped me with anything, nothing like when I show up in nice pants and a tight sweater, then everybody's all "helpful" to get commission. Damn double standards.

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #297 of 308
Anyone just say screw it and wear your headphones incoginito in public?

IE beautiful hot sunny day I wanted to walk all around San Francisco listening to way too much bass, wearing my AKG-K81DJ's. I put them on and had to admit it looked a little ridiculous.

But I was determined. Sometimes you just gotta seize the moment and do it anyway.

Here's what I did: put on headphones. Stretched a black cap over my headphones and head (cap was $5 from store, I like it but have like 3, don't care if I stretch it out too much). Put on big sunglasses. Heh, with cap pulled down over head & headphones, and addition of sunglasses, kind of looks beyond ridiculous.

Strangely enough, this setup looked military. The cap stretched over the headphone gave it all a shape just like an aviation military helmet, ie one of those helmets with audio, etc built in. Funny.

But I had one of the funnest days in a long time. Just walking around, stopping at coffee/refreshment shops whenever I felt like it, taking some digital photos, taking a music break to talk shyte to some random tourists and make em laugh or whatever (thats what they come here for anyway, partly to see some tripped out SFers wearing too-big headphones), all the while enjoying these fun AKG's! I got some laughs and smiles from the rave crowd...one actually elbowed his friend, pointed to me and smiled...

Highly recommended activity. Everyone should do it at least once.

Just be sure to be careful crossing streets! I remove one ear every time I cross a street...

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #298 of 308
I wear my W2002 (w/ L3000 drivers) at my work everyday. Luckily, my boss has no problem with my headphone as long as I'm productive. I used to bring my R10 and L3000 to work too. About 6 months ago, the Sony SCD-1 was also delivered at my work.

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #300 of 308
I wore my HD-650. But the truth be told, they look acceptable in public. I don't think it drew that much attention. But then I got tired of carrying that, my PMP and an amp. So I go out with my Ety now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back