ADDIEM to RE0, not impressed...
Jan 9, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #17 of 19
d2+ to RE0 is fine. I had that setup until I added an amp to the mix but unamped works just as fine.

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #18 of 19
I was underwhelmed after upgrading from the E2c but really began to appreciate the differences after a week and when I had to return my RE0s under warranty, they were missed. I enjoy my RE0s from an amp but there is nothing significant that the amp changed so if you don't like them now, that won't fix the problem.

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #19 of 19
I know this is an old post, but as someone who had the ADDIEMs and recently bought the RE0 I wanted to share my thoughts.

First off I loved the ADDIEMs. They were comfortable, the mids were fantastic and not pushy like many headphones, the highs were clear and detailed, and the bass was present, accurate, and punchy without interfering with the highs. In no way are they basshead IEMS though. They put up with a lot of tough wear and tear but never gave up on me. They survived running in 30F weather and bike riding every day 8 miles. Finally a guinea pig caused their demise. 

After they died I looked for replacements. I read many reviews on ~$100 headphones and decided to try the RE0. Right off the bat I was disappointed by how uncomfortable these were compared to the ADDIEMs. Whoever thought to put the ridges in the IEM body wasn't thinking right. They irritate my ears on occasion, but it's something I can get over. Secondly I had a hard time getting a fit as good as the ADDIEMs, in-fact I never found a pair of the many tips given that fit as good. I do have a good seal, but they just don't sit how I would like them to. When I first used them I almost immediately hated them. They are cold headphones. Detailed and articulate, but cold headphones. When people say these aren't for bassheads, they mean it. These have less bass than the AD700s, and that's saying something. The mids and highs are as clear as day though, but nothing I can say the ADDIEMS didn't have. They do have a slightly larger soundstage than the ADDIEMS though.

After a few days of use the RE0 started to grow on me, but never in a way the ADDIEMs did. The RE0 aren't "fun" to listen to music with. I feel like I'm dissecting it at times. Everything just seems so surgical, if that makes any sense. I would certainly recommend the ADDIEMs over the RE0. It's not that the RE0s are worse, they just aren't for me.

Edit: I should note my listening source.

For both headphones I was using a 160gb iPod classic direct to the headphones. I used mp3s LAME encoded using the V0 preset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back