AD700- Right channel louder than the left channel
Feb 28, 2011 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

automiketic

New Head-Fier
Ok guys just got my set of AD700's in today and my first step was to add a mic to them. I tore down the left ear and installed a mic. Now my sound coming out of the right side is louder than the left could I have loose wire or poor connection be causing my problem or is it likely I have a bad driver? I didn't really test to see if they were like this prior to the mic install all I did was make sure they worked. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 13
I'm not sure I follow. I tried reversing the speakers on the computer, tried a different headset and even flipped the headset on my head to confirm. Definitely the left channel is lower than the right, I'm really hoping I just tugged one of the wires a little loose or something....Could the little bit of excess mic wire tucked in there be causing the problem by any chance?

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 13
Something wrong with your connections/driver. 

Could you post some pics? 

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 13
gonna tear it down again and investigate tomorrow. ill take pics if i dont figure it out and post em up. right now I'm just trying to see if I'm heading in the right direction ie. could poor connection inside be causing low volume?

Mar 1, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 13
Before you do that, Measure the resistance of each of the drivers. Take a multimeter and measure the resistance between left/ground and right/ground (this may help). Are they still under warranty?

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #9 of 13
Picture as promised. Sorry for the poor quality. I see nothing loose everything seems fine. I'm wondering if all the excess wire I had tucked in directly behind the driver was causing the problem?

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #10 of 13
Well I have tried everything I can think of except tearing down the other driver but everything I check as far as wiring goes is fine. I just got the headset but I have modified it so I doubt I'll get any warranty coverage. :frowning2:

EDIT: Called Audio Technica to find the cost on a new driver. $4.32+$5 shipping. I gotta say the guys and girls over there were great fast response on the phone and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Less than $10 shipped how could I go wrong even if it isn't the driver it won't hurt to have a spare on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back