Ad 900 track sound
Mar 5, 2011 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Headfonenut123

Head-Fier
Hello peeps I just got my ad 900 yesterday and popped them in my iPhone and listened to some tracks, brilliant sounding audio, being my first audiophile headphones it was great but was listening to one track in particular and I was hearing some strange noise in the track that sound slight crackling.

Not sure if you are familiar with the song it's clare maguire-ain't nobody(breakage remix) great song and I'm hearing all these noises I never heard before compared to alot of other headphones I've listened to but I can't tell whether it's a poor rain sound or wether it is crackling and it upset me really that I heard it because it has ruined my enjoyment slightly listening to the song and I also remember reading on here that some headphones are deemed as very truthful and can reveal badly mastered track and wondered that the cause.

If someone is aware of this song and can elaborate it would be great.

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 11
If the crackling continues on other tracks, then you've got a hair in the driver.

I've been noticing that quite a bit with my AD700. I just blow into it and it sounds fine after.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #4 of 11
Well I listened to the iTunes demo and it sounds the same as the full downloaded track which is also from iTunes so thinking must be on the track itself.

Other tracks sound great with no crackling.

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 11
Another thing I wanted to ask about is ad 900 owners experience of burn in and how the sound develops and wether or not I will notice any change in the sound signature?

Mar 7, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 11
it's called clipping. put the song into audacity if at anytime the blue wave touched the top or bottom it will make a crackleing sound, also I'm jelly fo your AD900's been trying to get my hand on them for a while and never could.

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #8 of 11
Lol u from the uk too crow? They were a right hassle to get delivered from japan.

Another question is can anyone tell me on the beyerdynamic dt 990 premium there is 3 different ohm versions 32 250 and 660, is there a difference in sound depending on what one you get?

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 11
the higher the ohm rating the harder to drive/the less interferience from electronics/better sound.

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
Lol u from the uk too crow? They were a right hassle to get delivered from japan.

Another question is can anyone tell me on the beyerdynamic dt 990 premium there is 3 different ohm versions 32 250 and 660, is there a difference in sound depending on what one you get?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more

There you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back