ACS T1's, Unique Melody Miracles or ...?
Jun 8, 2011 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pishthebed

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Looking for suggestions for top grade IEM's for mainly use out and about, as opposed to at home.

I listen to a lot of electronic dance music (from Faithless to Hard Trance DJs) and occasionally hard metal (i.e. Rammstein) and am looking for deep yet punchy bass. 

Will most probably be using an Apple iTouch 64gb as main source and probably an external amp/DAC ... the iBasso D4 appeals (but will be looking here closely for advice).

Comments, criticisms and all advice most gratefully received.

Thanks.

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 4
ACS T1s with Pico Slim here. Couldn't be more satisfied by the combo. It's actually too good for Ipod level, and I get better results from my notebook with DAC.

ACS is a reliable company, not exempt from mistake but they are willing to go the distance when that happens. First class service (UPS delivery included in the price) and friendly communication. If you are from UK it's almost a no-brainer IMO.

Jun 8, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #3 of 4
I use Ipod Classic > LOD > Headstage Arrow > ACS T1s

I listen mostly to EDM and the T1s does a great job with it. Bass is punchy and deep, but sometimes I use the Arrow's bass boost to get more quantity.

I think the bass is a strong point of the T1s, but as much as I'd like to compare it with other bass customs (JH16, FS MG6Pro, UM Merlin) I just can't afford to!

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #4 of 4
Check out this thread.  There are plenty of options, but I have several questions.

From what I have heard, the TS842 has amazing bass and is pretty good all around and would pair well with the Touch to an Arrow.  The Starkey SA-43 (have yet to write a full review) is amazing for electronic and has ultra fast yet punchy bass that can be changed from balanced bass to enhanced bass with a switch.  You can also change the presentation from mid-forward to a more spacious, laid back presentation with the flip of another switch.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back