ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Jan 29, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #916 of 1,234
got my encore today!

putting it in is a pain and getting it out is hell T_T ... but sounds good though.

by the way, for those who suffering from cable tangling problem, you can have a look at the turtleneck (http://shop.turtleneck.life). 
have been using it for 2 of my earphone and i am very happy about it.

also, i'm considering getting a digital audio player. any recommendation?

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #917 of 1,234
I like my Pono, there are others out there (for a lot more money) that get raves, the A & K and Lotto come to mind.

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #918 of 1,234
I am loving my pioneer xdp 100r Great match for the encores. Big touch screen 2 micro sd slots. Plays every hi res format. Built in tidal. I got mine for 699 from bhphoto

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #919 of 1,234
Ask them for lacker and do it yourself, you'll see it's then perfect

Not a bad idea that. The only thing that puts me off these is how long it can take to get them in properly. I don't know if it's silicone per se or the kind of silicone ACS use. I've not noticed any complaints in the Spiral Ears thread.

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #920 of 1,234
They already did apply the laquer to mine on one of its trips back to Manhattan, did improve, but not completely cute the fit issues. And, yes, it is slow putting them in, and removing them is also slow, have to screw them forwards to get them to come out without causing pain.

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #921 of 1,234
They already did apply the laquer to mine on one of its trips back to Manhattan, did improve, but not completely cute the fit issues. And, yes, it is slow putting them in, and removing them is also slow, have to screw them forwards to get them to come out without causing pain.

I can get the perfect seal and once it's in place it stays there. Just wish it didn't take 15 minutes of faffing around to achieve it. Once it's there though these are at least as good as any IEM I've heard. I still have plenty of 'wow' moments.

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #922 of 1,234
Eventually get good seal or pretty close, lots of manipulations. To be fair, I seem to have a mutant left ear canal, always have fit/seal problems there, with most universals I've tried as well.
Have the balanced Linum cable, and an adaptor for my Pono. But, the amount exposed at the connection is so small, changing the cable is dificult without just pulling on the cable, which is obviously not a good way to do it.

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #923 of 1,234
Piotr from Custom Art sells now glossy silicone lacker for around €13, buddies that's the only solution to get a perfect fit, not by sending them back every two weeks to ACS... I've done this with mine and since that I don't hear anything (and I've a left mutant ear...) from outside. I need 5 seconds to insert mine, pretty the same with th SE5U, but at the beginning I needed the cream and much more time with a bit of pain ...

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #924 of 1,234
got my encore today!

putting it in is a pain and getting it out is hell T_T ... but sounds good though.

by the way, for those who suffering from cable tangling problem, you can have a look at the turtleneck (http://shop.turtleneck.life). 
have been using it for 2 of my earphone and i am very happy about it.

also, i'm considering getting a digital audio player. any recommendation?

Glad that you like the ACS Encore. I would recommend the Questyle QP1R or Onkyo DP-X1 to pair with the Encore.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #925 of 1,234
So, I have been on a LOOOOONG journey with the Encores, back and forth to acs, balance problems, fit problems, most recently felt the top end just wasn't there. I think I'm finally getting these things. For one thing, I think maybe they don't play nicely with my Pono. I tried it through a DX90, highs reappeared, wide, open soundstage, good detaining (still like the Pono better, it just does something to the music that feels organic). Now I'm really (finally) enjoying them (once I got the feel of the Encores, they even sound better through the Pono, must be the old brain burn in...)
Think I can finally relax, dig the music...

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #926 of 1,234
So, I have been on a LOOOOONG journey with the Encores, back and forth to acs, balance problems, fit problems, most recently felt the top end just wasn't there. I think I'm finally getting these things. For one thing, I think maybe they don't play nicely with my Pono. I tried it through a DX90, highs reappeared, wide, open soundstage, good detaining (still like the Pono better, it just does something to the music that feels organic). Now I'm really (finally) enjoying them (once I got the feel of the Encores, they even sound better through the Pono, must be the old brain burn in...)

amazing!

for me it's love/hate relationship haha

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #927 of 1,234

amazing!

for me it's love/hate relationship haha

I hear you...

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #929 of 1,234
I enjoy the Encore with both the Lotoo Paw Gold and (with the Balanced cable) the Paw 5000. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back