ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Apr 21, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #1,051 of 1,234
  any news @Eide?

Just heard from my ACS rep. ACS are starting production of Emotion customs early in may. My rep. is waiting for new equipment. They need a 3D printer for some special shells to put the drivers into. I guess that is part of the new patented "IRIS technology" they are talking about. Hopefully the customs will be a bit more sturdy as well. I was told that my new Emotions were probably ready just over the summer. It´s a long wait, but I´m just happy that my customs get a new life and the possibility to be among the first to get the Emotion Customs. 

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #1,052 of 1,234
Sorry, no news about the upgrade from Encore to Emotion. I had almost forgotten this whole thing until you reminded me. I´ll ask my audiologist if there´s any news. The thing is, they are doing this upgrade almost for free. I didn´t pay much when upgrading from ACS T1 to Encore (just the extra drivers) and I think the same applies now. So I´m not in a position to be too pushy. And I got a pair of Noble Kaiser Encore to keep my ears happy at the moment, so I don´t miss my ACS customs.

But I´m always curious about new audio tech, and  "[COLOR=8F8F8F]ACS’s patent pending IRIS technology and SSI sound imaging solution" [/COLOR]sounds interesting.

They must like you more than they like me (maybe being in Europe gets some points that the New York office doesn't get...). My upgrade from T1 to Encore wasn't "almost free" (though you don't actually say what the "extra drivers" cost), and, still waiting to hear from the NY office on whether they will offer upgrade at all (they previously told me no; I sent another email a few days ago when I read that you had an upgrade offer, haven't heard back. Mine, as I mentioned, are collecting dust, willing to give the latest, greatest model a chance since it is a total loss as it is...).

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #1,053 of 1,234
  Sorry, no news about the upgrade from Encore to Emotion. I had almost forgotten this whole thing until you reminded me. I´ll ask my audiologist if there´s any news. The thing is, they are doing this upgrade almost for free. I didn´t pay much when upgrading from ACS T1 to Encore (just the extra drivers) and I think the same applies now. So I´m not in a position to be too pushy. And I got a pair of Noble Kaiser Encore to keep my ears happy at the moment, so I don´t miss my ACS customs.

But I´m always curious about new audio tech, and  "
ACS’s patent pending IRIS technology and SSI sound imaging solution" sounds interesting.

no worries! 
that's cool. thanks.

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #1,054 of 1,234
They must like you more than they like me (maybe being in Europe gets some points that the New York office doesn't get...). My upgrade from T1 to Encore wasn't "almost free" (though you don't actually say what the "extra drivers" cost), and, still waiting to hear from the NY office on whether they will offer upgrade at all (they previously told me no; I sent another email a few days ago when I read that you had an upgrade offer, haven't heard back. Mine, as I mentioned, are collecting dust, willing to give the latest, greatest model a chance since it is a total loss as it is...).

yeah it is a bit unfair. ACS told me "we don't know yet" and in the meantime, some customers are getting upgrades... good for them.
I stopped liking my Encores to be honest (I really tried!). I prefer VE Monks now.

Encores are my first and probably the last CIEM.
What a pain in the butt!

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #1,055 of 1,234

yeah it is a bit unfair. ACS told me "we don't know yet" and in the meantime, some customers are getting upgrades... good for them.

I stopped liking my Encores to be honest (I really tried!). I prefer VE Monks now.

Encores are my first and probably the last CIEM.

What a pain in the butt!

That's quite a comment, VE Monks over the Encores...

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #1,056 of 1,234

I'm not joking sir.
There is something wrong (to my ears) with Encores highs. 
Monks are detailed and 3d.

Obviously, my Utopias are better than Monks :wink: 

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #1,057 of 1,234

I'm not joking sir.

I didn't doubt you-there's a reason my Encores are collecting dust as well. Agree on the highs, mine are bad there as well. Wonder if there is a lot of unit to unit variability in these. They are made individually to order, to fit a mold and all.

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #1,058 of 1,234
After many comparisons with the S-EM9 and SE5U the Encore are lacking highs but that can an asset because on some recordings the Encore are soft and punchy, remaining musical whereas the S-EM9 (S-EM6v2 too) and the SE5U will be aggressive or too accurate losing the musical approach. For those who want sparkle highs the Encore can be that CIEM, but that's often...

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #1,059 of 1,234
After many comparisons with the S-EM9 and SE5U the Encore are lacking highs but that can an asset because on some recordings the Encore are soft and punchy, remaining musical whereas the S-EM9 (S-EM6v2 too) and the SE5U will be aggressive or too accurate losing the musical approach. For those who want sparkle highs the Encore can be that CIEM, but that's often...

I can totally understand why someone would LOVE Encores. I guess it's not for me...

Also, I've read an interview with Dr. 
John Moulton (Noble) and he said that some people just shouldn't use CIEMs (like himself).
Universal IEMs are better fit/sound for them.​

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #1,060 of 1,234
I'm not joking sir.

Nonexsitent highs? Some people swears so, but I noticed those people favor brighter signature anyways.

For me, I prefer darker sigs and my ears are very sensitive to treble most of brighter cans sound harsh it's unbearable. So go figure :).

I still like my encores a lot, but I must admit now I prefer my Ei.XX. More rumble, detail, and fun!!

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #1,061 of 1,234
Has anyone had any issues with their ciems from ACS? I'm having my third repair in 2 years on the left side, and the first on the right. They're either driver faults or internal ones. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, I don't handle them roughly. They don't get wet, always put them away in their case. I have the Evokes, so not the Encores, but are they more prone to faults as they're not encased in a harder material, and maybe there is too much flex?

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #1,062 of 1,234
I have the Encore. Never fit well. Never sounded good (rolled off in the high end). Broke on me. Sent them back a few times.
Gave up. (out of warranty, so it starts to get expensive, shipping, repair charges, repeat...)
:triportsad:

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,063 of 1,234
I have the Encore. Never fit well. Never sounded good (rolled off in the high end). Broke on me. Sent them back a few times.
Gave up. (out of warranty, so it starts to get expensive, shipping, repair charges, repeat...)
:triportsad:
My pair never broke but I don't like how they sound.
I promised myself CIEMs - NEVER again! It's too risky and I can't sell them.

ooph

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #1,064 of 1,234
Really gun shy as far as going for a ciem as well...

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #1,065 of 1,234
Has anyone had any issues with their ciems from ACS? I'm having my third repair in 2 years on the left side, and the first on the right. They're either driver faults or internal ones. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, I don't handle them roughly. They don't get wet, always put them away in their case. I have the Evokes, so not the Encores, but are they more prone to faults as they're not encased in a harder material, and maybe there is too much flex?

I send back mine twice for internal broke and/or the T2 connector was dysfunctional. Unlike doctorjazz and yoghurtlidlicker, I loved the tube sound they made, that's why I asked Custom Art to remold them in acrylic filled with silicon (+ 2 pins connectors). I just sold them to try out the AAW500 HMorph, but after the remold my ACS Encore worked fine during a year, something that never happens before the remold.

ACS has solid foundation in sound tuning, but that's not the case for the quality of their manufacturing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back