ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Feb 14, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,037 of 1,234
Yes @piotrus-g from Custom Art, the one and only one who is better than the original manufacturer 

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #1,040 of 1,234
Yup, I contacted them as well, no more reshelling :frowning2:

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #1,041 of 1,234
Yup, I contacted them as well, no more reshelling
frown.gif

oh nooo :frowning2: 

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #1,042 of 1,234
Sad, have my acs Encores collecting dust, would be nice to be able to do something with the not insignificant investment on them...

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #1,043 of 1,234
Yes that's very bad news, maybe cosmic Ears or perfect seal could help to reshell the ACS Encore. After comparing mine to my SE5u and S-EM9, they still are my favourite CIEM because it's a no brain but detailed sound.

And no, I don't think Piotr improved the sound of them...

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #1,044 of 1,234
Anyone know of any other folks that reshell these...?

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #1,045 of 1,234
I would definitely have ACS take another look at them @doctorjazz. Andy, the owner of ACS would be mortified if he thought they were gathering dust. Is there any way you could get ACS to do your ear impressions? Then they could reshell what you have there. The impressions I got done by Andy made for a tight fit which goes into the 2nd bend but with the cream it's comfy for hours. And the sound is incredible

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #1,046 of 1,234
I would definitely have ACS take another look at them @doctorjazz
. Andy, the owner of ACS would be mortified if he thought they were gathering dust. Is there any way you could get ACS to do your ear impressions? Then they could reshell what you have there. The impressions I got done by Andy made for a tight fit which goes into the 2nd bend but with the cream it's comfy for hours. And the sound is incredible

You think they'd be upset? I ain't so pleased myself. I was hoping this would be end game iem for me, have multiple lower priced iems. Who'd have thought I'd prefer my Westone W40 by a whole lot? It is actually not functioning well now, think something happened to a driver when I tried to clean it, but I didn't like them or use them before that, I was just hoping I could fix it. I'm out of warranty, and it feels like throwing more money into a losing proposition to send it back. As for the original fit, it was done at acs Manhattan. I actually went back multiple times, and they were nice and tried to take care of me, but the results (for me) never were successful. I was even willing to upgrade to the new TOTL they announced (they did have an upgrade program when they introduced the Encore, which I went for), but AJ at acs emailed me there is no upgrade program.
Oh well, that's the trouble with going for ciem's, you can't really audition the finished product beforehand. I did audition a universal version at their office, quickly with my phone, but that can be misleading (similar to what happens on a 5 minute test drive of a car-there are things you don't notice until you have been driving a while).
Thanks for the thought, though.
Jack

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #1,048 of 1,234
I have my ACS Encore on service right now. There was some corrosion that made the sound cut out. They asked me if I was interested in a rebuild to Emotion. Same drivers, but different crossover filtered and sound channels. I said yes of course. Don't know when they are ready, but I'll post my impressions as soon as I get them.

any news @Eide?

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,049 of 1,234
Interesting, I was told by the NY offices there wasn't an upgrade available (which I considered doing) because the drivers are different. Begs the question, if the Encore was so we wonderful, why completely reinvent the wheel? Your most likely just tweak to maximize performance. Just thinking out loud...

Apr 21, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #1,050 of 1,234
Sorry, no news about the upgrade from Encore to Emotion. I had almost forgotten this whole thing until you reminded me. I´ll ask my audiologist if there´s any news. The thing is, they are doing this upgrade almost for free. I didn´t pay much when upgrading from ACS T1 to Encore (just the extra drivers) and I think the same applies now. So I´m not in a position to be too pushy. And I got a pair of Noble Kaiser Encore to keep my ears happy at the moment, so I don´t miss my ACS customs.

But I´m always curious about new audio tech, and  "
ACS’s patent pending IRIS technology and SSI sound imaging solution" sounds interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back