Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
Jan 15, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #317 of 553
I just encounter a weird problem that I just plugged the DAP to computer and input some new songs to it.

After that, i found the playlists i created are all empty.

Anyone here have the same issue? I'm pissed off and need to redo the my own playlists again.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #318 of 553
  I just encounter a weird problem that I just plugged the DAP to computer and input some new songs to it.

After that, i found the playlists i created are all empty.

Anyone here have the same issue? I'm pissed off and need to redo the my own playlists again.

From experience, you have to wait for it to finish scanning the library. Takes awhile

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #319 of 553
@AR-Voice 

Hi! Hoping you could answer a couple questions regarding the M20. I'm very interested as it offers some clear advantages over other DAPs that support Tidal.

• What version of Android is it running?
  • Can the EQ (or other DSP?) be completely bypassed so bit-perfect Tidal stream arrives at the DAC?

Thanks!
Thomas

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #320 of 553
  @AR-Voice 

Hi! Hoping you could answer a couple questions regarding the M20. I'm very interested as it offers some clear advantages over other DAPs that support Tidal.

• What version of Android is it running?
  • Can the EQ (or other DSP?) be completely bypassed so bit-perfect Tidal stream arrives at the DAC?

Thanks!
Thomas

Hiya Thomas

1. Custom version of 4.3 with Android Audio bypassed for better SQ

2. All forms of EQ & DSP can be switched off 100%

3. Tidal passes through with signal untouched. Currently having some problems with latest Tidal apps though. Working on a fix

Cheers

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #321 of 553

Hiya Thomas

1. Custom version of 4.3 with Android Audio bypassed for better SQ

2. All forms of EQ & DSP can be switched off 100%

3. Tidal passes through with signal untouched. Currently having some problems with latest Tidal apps though. Working on a fix

Cheers

Hi, thanks for the input!

My question about the android version was because of this: https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/201651621-Which-Android-versions-are-not-compatible-in-HiFi-mode-

Is this related to the problems you're seeing with Tidal?

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #324 of 553
Acoustic Research will be at CanJam New York on Feb 4th & 5th.

Come and see us in Booth 38.

Bring your headphones and listen to the M2 and M20.

See our new TOP SECRET REDACTED - 2017 products

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #325 of 553

​Please add this feature. I hate to light up my screen while listening music and trying to sleep.

As previously mentioned this is not possible, as we have a high-res volume control with 140 steps, that needs long presses to operate

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #327 of 553
As previously mentioned this is not possible, as we have a high-res volume control with 140 steps, that needs long presses to operate

As I have also suggested previously, you guys could make it such that long presses to skip track ONLY happens when screen is locked and long presses to make large volume adjustments will still occur when screen is unlocked. I don't see why that isn't possible.

I don't see why we need large volume adjustments when the device is locked anyway. Personally I'm having issues whereby the volume becomes either so loud that it is deafening or so soft that it is practically muted when I press on the side buttons by accident.

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #328 of 553
As I have also suggested previously, you guys could make it such that long presses to skip track ONLY happens when screen is locked and long presses to make large volume adjustments will still occur when screen is unlocked. I don't see why that isn't possible.

I don't see why we need large volume adjustments when the device is locked anyway. Personally I'm having issues whereby the volume becomes either so loud that it is deafening or so soft that it is practically muted when I press on the side buttons by accident.

Very well said. I agree

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #329 of 553
Overheating damage??

So I opened it up with a torx #3

The whole inside is damaged next to the battery

What really concerns me is that drop of liquid near the bottom of the battery. That was there when I opened the back.
The plastic coating was loose in the case like so:

And I simply wiped the inside of the back with a paper towel and got this:

Most of the coating on the inside of the back came off.with a simple wipe.
The remaining coating is firmly adherent to the clear plastic.
This is a brand new unit (ok a couple of months old) and only lightly used, and never outside.
I have been using it with etymotic xr4 IEMs while sitting at a desk working at a pc only.
The m20 has only occasionally been in my poscket and has never gone out in the rain
or had anything spilled on it. It functions well but looks like it has skin cancer.

Does anyone else have this disease?
Can the doctor please help me?

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #330 of 553
Overheating damage??

So I opened it up with a torx #3

The whole inside is damaged next to the battery

What really concerns me is that drop of liquid near the bottom of the battery. That was there when I opened the back.
The plastic coating was loose in the case like so:

And I simply wiped the inside of the back with a paper towel and got this:

Most of the coating on the inside of the back came off.with a simple wipe.
The remaining coating is firmly adherent to the clear plastic.
This is a brand new unit (ok a couple of months old) and only lightly used, and never outside.
I have been using it with etymotic xr4 IEMs while sitting at a desk working at a pc only.
The m20 has only occasionally been in my poscket and has never gone out in the rain
or had anything spilled on it. It functions well but looks like it has skin cancer.

Does anyone else have this disease?
Can the doctor please help me?

Get that exchanged and do Not use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back