Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Jun 10, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #589 of 2,161
i don't know enough desktop components to say that ,but what i say is that the Dap's in recent times where very evolved

That's pretty damn amazing. If I could run my HD600's and my K10's off this then the price becomes viable.

Jun 10, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #590 of 2,161
Hello everyone. I am in the market for a new DAP and really like the specs on this one.

Does this come with 4pole balanced output? Is there any static at all when streaming through third party apps?

Any rumors of them releasing a new dap anytime soon?

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #593 of 2,161
It's the K10's that maybe an issue. Apparently the M2 is too powerful for some CIEM's.
depends, I drove my Layla's from the M2 whilst I had one (I like high gain on all my gear, increases drive, and there is an, even with that power, much darker background compared to the ZX2 - it was the M2 that convinced me to sell my Sony!)

The dark sound signature may not compliment the K10s so well though... Caveat bring I've heard both, but not together, so take that statement with as many grains of salt as you wish.

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #595 of 2,161
Jun 11, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #596 of 2,161
Just bought mine for hkd 6k
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats Andy, let us know how you go? and post a review if you love it - Cheers Robert

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #597 of 2,161
  Hello everyone. I am in the market for a new DAP and really like the specs on this one.

Does this come with 4pole balanced output? Is there any static at all when streaming through third party apps?

Any rumors of them releasing a new dap anytime soon?

Hey Dillan,
Thanks for the questions 
We say ignore specs and have a listen (-: specs never tell the story of how something sounds, but we do like our specs (-:
There is no balanced output 
Why would there be static when streaming? puzzled at this comment? Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify all stream perfectly on my M2 and always have
We are releasing a cheaper DAP the M20 in June, not as good but amazing for the dollars / check M20 Thread
Cheers Robert

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #598 of 2,161
So are we at a point now where a tiny digital amplifier can match a desktop with full size components?

This is a full Hi-Fi Class-A Analogue amplifier. Sounds way better than the cheap digitals many brands use.
That's why we have the huge battery and 9 hrs battery life. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back