Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Jun 16, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #616 of 2,161
I also bought a leather case along with my m2.
The size is acceptable, UI nothing unusual to me.
Absolutely loving the sound, I tried it on IEM se-846,I could not hear the hiss sound. But after trying with headphone
ATH- es-w11, i was like wowwwwww! It took the headphone to another level.

Just become a little warm when i use Tidal.

Great news Andy, love to see a Wowwwwwww! (-:
To be clear the hiss/noise is only audible on a vanishingly tiny number of BA IEMS that are ultra-sensitive, most are no problem at all.
The M2 is designed to get warm as it dissipates heat from the Class A amplifier, nothing to worry about
Thanks for the feedback, please write a review if you have time, and any questions you may have post here
Cheers Robert

Jun 17, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #617 of 2,161
Any brick & mortar sources in the USA for the AR-M2?  Or is it only available direct from AR's USA office?

Jun 17, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #618 of 2,161
  Any brick & mortar sources in the USA for the AR-M2?  Or is it only available direct from AR's USA office?

I think currently only online, with free shipping and full return privileges. But I am checking what is happening with retail for you - Cheers Robert

http://www.acousticresearch-hifi.com/AR-M2/

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #623 of 2,161
My vote is this or qp1r
Agreed, fair point - so long as streaming services aren't required - having had both the M2 and the QP1R (but ironically having neither now), the 1R is cleaner, the M2 is richer... (haven't had the pleasure of listening to the Onkyo, so cannot comment)

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #625 of 2,161
  Hi Guys, is there a limit on the memory size or only the present size of SDXC cards available?

I have a 1TB Ipod and can't live with less than 500G

Just the cards. 200GB max on general sale. Samsung have just launched a 256GB card. So maybe next year for 400 - 500 GB?

Verified and recommended Micro SD Cards:
- Lexar 633x (Up to 200GB)
- Patriot LX Series (Up to 200GB)
- Samsung Evo, Evo+, Pro, Pro+ (Up to 128GB)
- Toshiba Exceria UHS-I (Up to 128GB)

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #628 of 2,161

I think currently only online, with free shipping and full return privileges. But I am checking what is happening with retail for you - Cheers Robert

http://www.acousticresearch-hifi.com/AR-M2/

CONFIRMED  - The AR-M2 is only available online from Acoustic Research Direct  - free shipping and full return privileges - http://www.acousticresearch-hifi.com/AR-M2/

Jul 3, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #629 of 2,161
Hello, 

Here is what I can see on my bricked AR-M2: 

The unit power on, show the first AR-M2 message, and the the video with the 24bit moving around, and that video keep going over and over again and it never enter the operating system. 

Anyway I can do something? a hard rest? I can put a new firmware inside? 

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #630 of 2,161
  Hello, 

Here is what I can see on my bricked AR-M2: 

The unit power on, show the first AR-M2 message, and the the video with the 24bit moving around, and that video keep going over and over again and it never enter the operating system. 

Anyway I can do something? a hard rest? I can put a new firmware inside? 

Hey Bud,

Sorry I was trying to get a response from technical support but no luck. Have you fixed the issue yet? Sounds like you need a fresh install could be something picked up through the browser or a very rare one off glitch, 

Link the unit to your computer and wipe the old firmware off, reinstall and try again. Also weird trick that has been working is running the battery completely dead then after a full re charge things have been good to go. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back