1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Acoustic Research AR-M200

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by audionewbi, Aug 12, 2017.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. udesign48
  2. taffy2207
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Light - Man and trellus like this.
  3. crabdog
  4. taffy2207
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Light - Man and trellus like this.
  5. Mr Vicarious
    Null

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    hqssui and trellus like this.
  6. taffy2207
    You're welcome, I guess. :confused:

7. Mr Vicarious
    Null

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  8. trellus
    Despite my better judgement (thanks to your review), I keep wanting this, lol... Acoustic Research website only lists these file formats as supported: FLAC/ALAC/WAV/DSD. But in your review, I swore I saw "MP3" on the screen in one of your shots.

Does this actually support compressed formats? If so, beyond MP3? AAC maybe?

crabdog likes this.
  9. crabdog
    Yes, I had several MP3 albums on that card and never had any problems playing any files as far as I can remember.

trellus likes this.
  10. hqssui
    I have been using M200 as my daily driver for almost a month. Although, There are some UI quirks and functional bugs, but it has come to a point that I dont mind them that much anymore as I feel the SQ is superb. I am using a Whizzer A15 IEM(Balanced). This one is a keeper.

@AR-Voice - please address the following issues in the next f/w if possible-

1.The Pop sound when a file is selected from the track list.
    2.Long press back/home button to navigate to the home screen.

As I dont use bluetooth or playlist, I can't comment on those aspects of the player.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    trellus likes this.
  11. gr8soundz
    How is the EQ? Does the volume level drop when EQ is turned on like some other players?

12. hqssui
    I have not tried the Eq on M200 yet. It's a basic 5 band Eq - starting from 60Hz. I dont have the device handy at the moment and will get back to you on the 'Volume drop' later.

13. gr8soundz
  14. crabdog
    trellus likes this.
  15. gr8soundz
    I was thinking the same. Passed on it at $150 due to the the poor UI I've read all about but can't ignore at $100. Plan to use it as an aptx-HD dac/amp. 4.4mm balanced out, Class A, and USB Type C hard to ignore too.

trellus and crabdog like this.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last