Acoustic Research AR-M200
Dec 6, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #32 of 204
Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #34 of 204
Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #38 of 204
Wow, that is ridiculous. Even half that would be a stretch IMO.

Despite my better judgement (thanks to your review), I keep wanting this, lol... Acoustic Research website only lists these file formats as supported: FLAC/ALAC/WAV/DSD. But in your review, I swore I saw "MP3" on the screen in one of your shots.

Does this actually support compressed formats? If so, beyond MP3? AAC maybe?

Dec 27, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #39 of 204
Despite my better judgement (thanks to your review), I keep wanting this, lol... Acoustic Research website only lists these file formats as supported: FLAC/ALAC/WAV/DSD. But in your review, I swore I saw "MP3" on the screen in one of your shots.

Does this actually support compressed formats? If so, beyond MP3? AAC maybe?
Yes, I had several MP3 albums on that card and never had any problems playing any files as far as I can remember.

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #40 of 204
I have been using M200 as my daily driver for almost a month. Although, There are some UI quirks and functional bugs, but it has come to a point that I dont mind them that much anymore as I feel the SQ is superb. I am using a Whizzer A15 IEM(Balanced). This one is a keeper.

@AR-Voice - please address the following issues in the next f/w if possible-

1.The Pop sound when a file is selected from the track list.
2.Long press back/home button to navigate to the home screen.

As I dont use bluetooth or playlist, I can't comment on those aspects of the player.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #41 of 204
I have been using M200 as my daily driver for almost a month. Although, There are some UI quirks and functional bugs, but it has come to a point that I dont mind them that much anymore as I feel the SQ is superb. I am using a Whizzer A15 IEM(Balanced). This one is a keeper.

How is the EQ? Does the volume level drop when EQ is turned on like some other players?

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #44 of 204

Users who are viewing this thread

Back