Acoustic foam for plugging things in an iem--where does one get that?
Jan 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kunlun

Headphoneus Supremus
I remember some people were using foam to tame the highs on their HJE900s and on other iems were taking filters out and replacing it with foam.

Where can one pick up that sort of foam? I need some for an experiment. I only need a little and I imagine it should be cheap.

Any suggestions are welcome, or if anyone has some extra please pm me, thanks in advance.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Get earbud foam at radioshack and cut it up

Do they seriously sell just earbud foam or should I buy some super-cheap earbuds for the foam?

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 5

I've seen it really cheap on ebay. I'll try to find a link...
I use this method too I guess, I cut a square and put it over the nozzle, then I slide the tip over the nozzle and the tip holds the foam in place. My Meelec M6's don't have a filter to catch the wax etc so this is why I use this solution.

Found a link btw;
http://cgi.ebay.com/25-Pairs-Ear-Pad-Foam-Earbud-Cover-Headphone-18MM-Black-/170576873021?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item27b72c863d

25 pairs for only $0.99, free international shipping.
Have a look at the other earbud foam thingies on ebay, there are different colors and sizes.
Quote:
Quote:
Get earbud foam at radioshack and cut it up

Do they seriously sell just earbud foam or should I buy some super-cheap earbuds for the foam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back