ABYSS Top Of The Line videos
Dec 23, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #466 of 609
Where can I buy these ported pads? I don't see them available on the site?

EDIT: Nevermind, its an option on the main pads that has to be selected. Looking forward to hearing these, went with the suede option :D

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #467 of 609
1000.-? Or more?

Dec 24, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #469 of 609
Must buy Diana TC

I'll buy 6 and give you $599 :jecklinsmile:

Dec 25, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #470 of 609
Diana really attracts me. Unfortunately, there is nowhere near me to listen to them. I'm thinking TC is a bit too costly. It would be interesting to get a comparison between the different Diana models with the new pads. Could it be that the older versions get a little closer to the newer ones in tonality through the new pads?

Dec 25, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #471 of 609
Diana really attracts me. Unfortunately, there is nowhere near me to listen to them. I'm thinking TC is a bit too costly. It would be interesting to get a comparison between the different Diana models with the new pads. Could it be that the older versions get a little closer to the newer ones in tonality through the new pads?
Great question, i remember liking the original Dianas but wished they had a little more oomph in the bass region. I am sure you can get some good deals in older diana.

Dec 25, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #472 of 609
I have their headphone stand. Though it is definitely expensive, the stand is definitely still the most solid stand I have encountered compared to a variety of others I have owned. I love how weighty the base is, it does seem that many within the community feel its priced a bit high though.

They would likely not want to lower price giving in to consumer requests and suggestions but at the same time they may lose out on potential higher amount of unit sales, always a fine balancing act of margin per item vs volume.

Dec 25, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #473 of 609
it does seem that many within the community feel its priced a bit high though.
lol what an understatement :wink:

I always find it interesting to think about the price of the different parts when thinking about the pricing of a product.

Let's say I buy a yoghurt in my local supermarket for 70 cents. This might look like this:
- Ingredients: 15 cents
- Packaging including color print etc.: 12 cents
- Actual production: 4 cents
- Logistics: 5 cents
- Marketing: 6 cents
- Shop Overhead: 16 cents
- Profit-Margin: 12 cents

Now lets take that for that headphone stand. Being generous and assuming you are buying it directly from Abyss it might look something like this:
- Raw Material: 20$
- Production (since it's in small series): 30$
- Packaging/Logistics/Storage costs: 15$
- Marketing: 10$
- Product Design: 5$
- Final Shipping costs (which are included): 25$
- Overhead (without the stuff mentioned above): 15$
- Profit-Margin: 475$

Just a guess but eventually not that far from reality. Maybe Abyss can give us some more insights about their indeed very reasonable pricing policies ...

On a sidenote: a Silverstone EBA01 which is one of the best headphone stands around, is made of 1.5 kg aluminium and costs around 70$ ... so you can buy 8 of these for the price of one abyss headphone stand.

I always try to justify the prices of high end headphones with the R&D involved but let's face it ... there's not that much R&D in making a headphone stand unless you spend years trying ...

Also ... at the point where I find it a better value to spend 450$ for a Gucci wallet than spending it on a pair of leather earpads something has kind of gone wrong in my eyes.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #474 of 609
Have the Diana V2 and TC’s so going to give the new ported pads a go.

Dec 25, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #475 of 609
Now lets take that for that headphone stand. Being generous and assuming you are buying it directly from Abyss it might look something like this:
- Raw Material: 20$
- Production (since it's in small series): 30$
- Packaging/Logistics/Storage costs: 15$
- Marketing: 10$
- Product Design: 5$
- Final Shipping costs (which are included): 25$
- Overhead (without the stuff mentioned above): 15$
- Profit-Margin: 475$
I always like to "help" brands that are good and doing things right by paying large profit margins, but let's not joke...this stand is max 100e.

Dec 25, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #476 of 609
Dec 25, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #477 of 609
Not defending the abyss headphone pricing, but the abyss headphone stand def looks way better than the silverstone in my opinion.

I guess these are the things that are all relative at the end of the day. For me I was willing to pay the price tag despite feeling it was a bit expensive to:

1. Support Abyss
2. I personally liked the stand, especially how it visually looks
3. It is still cheap compared to my other vices (of which I have since gone cold turkey)

With the 3 points above, I felt it was worth it for me.

I knew there would be some backlash on pricing but did not expect this much of it. At the end of the day, I do not see Abyss dropping price permanently on the stand in my opinion. They seem to take pride in their products and price them accordingly.

Once again not defending anyone or anything, just making conversation on X Mas night...

Dec 25, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #478 of 609
Not defending the abyss headphone pricing, but the abyss headphone stand def looks way better than the silverstone in my opinion.

I guess these are the things that are all relative at the end of the day. For me I was willing to pay the price tag despite feeling it was a bit expensive to:

1. Support Abyss
2. I personally liked the stand, especially how it visually looks
3. It is still cheap compared to my other vices (of which I have since gone cold turkey)

With the 3 points above, I felt it was worth it for me.

I knew there would be some backlash on pricing but did not expect this much of it. At the end of the day, I do not see Abyss dropping price permanently on the stand in my opinion. They seem to take pride in their products and price them accordingly.

Once again not defending anyone or anything, just making conversation on X Mas night...
Price bitching aside, I like the sentiment directly to support Abyss.

Dec 26, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #479 of 609
Price bitching aside, I like the sentiment directly to support Abyss.
Yes, I do appreciate their youtube videos, their gracing us with awesome headphones (despite being pretty damn expensive) and of course is a convenient justification for myself for my purchase.

With that said though, I do enjoy supporting Abyss as a consumer. They take pride in their work and manufacturing processes; I really appreciate that.

There is a thin line between being a straight up fan boy though, I do not like how their replacement ear pads costing 400 usd. The pads as a replacement in my opinion should have been priced cheaper for their customers, what's interesting is that people complain more about the stand price than the ear pad price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back