Absolute Cheapest Computer Speakers that are Decent Quality
Jul 8, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #46 of 51
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-S120-2-0-Multimedia-Speakers/dp/B000R9AAJA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278598409&sr=8-4

logitech s120 2.0 speakers.... less than 10 shipped if you have amazon prime.

for under 28 ish you get sub with em.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #47 of 51
nope..
the amp on the klipsch 2.1 is integrated into the back of the subwoofer.
i dont see how running a wire from the subwoofer to the other speaker is any different than running a wire from one pre-built speaker with built-in amp to the other speaker that doesnt have the amp.
unless both speakers have an amp, but that would mean both speakers need a power wire from the electrical outlet, and that would totally be obsurd.

i would suspect that the amplifier has probably collapsed already from trying to push an 8 or 4 ohm load.
no doubt the amp is weak.. but what problem is it of mine that the person couldnt purchase the $400 pair of speakers for $30 and then wait for next pay day to complete the build.

i dont recall being 'rather' hypocritical in this thread.. so following me on the forums stalking and harassing me aint cool.

besides,
i wasnt the only one that mentioned the lack of price range being said.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #48 of 51
you have it backwards.

a speaker in the wrong box will do no harm unless you are expecting a load of bass output or if you were trying to overclock the power-handling ability of the voice coil.

you would need about three feet of rectangled box with one 5.25inch midrange at the very end of the box for the soundwaves to become so bloody sideways pressured that the internal soundwaves affect the proper functionality of the cone.
and that means you probably have to build the box wrong on purpose.
but dont be fooled, there are some drivers that are made specifically to work in the long obnoxious rectangle boxes, and those long boxes only.

i really dont want to ever in my life hear you say again that the cabinet is more important than the speaker.. because that is like saying the plastic tub all of these pre-built speakers are coming with are much more the reason of the $250-$500 price tag.
and that would be embarassing for you.

anyways.. i must admit, the sound will be crappy if you expect the 5.25inch woofers to provide bass.
the 2way might provide 'base'
but that is amist total slang of the word and conjecture of the mastering of the audio.

you can totally make a speaker move in and out more by putting it into a larger box.. but that means the speaker has a larger chance of slapping and bottoming out.
using speakers that use the internal volume of the box to maintain and upkeep the fidelity from a speaker is a poor design aside.
that would mean there is some really funky magnetic gap problems and demanding a specific internal volume is only duct taping a problem.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #49 of 51

Quote:
you have it backwards.

a speaker in the wrong box will do no harm unless you are expecting a load of bass output or if you were trying to overclock the power-handling ability of the voice coil.

Which has to do with sound. Bass is part of the spectrum. And one of the reasons most people go for speakers.

you would need about three feet of rectangled box with one 5.25inch midrange at the very end of the box for the soundwaves to become so bloody sideways pressured that the internal soundwaves affect the proper functionality of the cone.
and that means you probably have to build the box wrong on purpose.
but dont be fooled, there are some drivers that are made specifically to work in the long obnoxious rectangle boxes, and those long boxes only.

Don't have enough experience with building box speakers to make a counter point.

i really dont want to ever in my life hear you say again that the cabinet is more important than the speaker.. because that is like saying the plastic tub all of these pre-built speakers are coming with are much more the reason of the $250-$500 price tag.
and that would be embarassing for you.

The cabinet is more important than the driver. IN MY EXPERIENCE. Better? The fact I'm working on open baffle speakers and dipoles has my knowledge skewed apparently. And yes, that's sorta what I was saying. Cabinet and dampening play a big part in the sound. Maybe I overemphasized the importance, but making that basic of a cabinet (I've actually tried something like that and it sounded horrible.) isn't that viable.

anyways.. i must admit, the sound will be crappy if you expect the 5.25inch woofers to provide bass.
the 2way might provide 'base'
but that is amist total slang of the word and conjecture of the mastering of the audio.

What?

you can totally make a speaker move in and out more by putting it into a larger box.. but that means the speaker has a larger chance of slapping and bottoming out.
using speakers that use the internal volume of the box to maintain and upkeep the fidelity from a speaker is a poor design aside.
that would mean there is some really funky magnetic gap problems and demanding a specific internal volume is only duct taping a problem.

This isn't even addressing anything! Okay, if you're trying to teach me a lesson, don't try. This is completely off topic.

I'm seriously out now. This has absolutely nothing to do with the original question and being banned isn't really something I'd like.

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #50 of 51
i wasnt expecting anybody to build a bose 'wave' for the port.
but there are tips and tricks that can tweak and optimize the air and soundwaves before it comes out of the port.
and basically what that does is shape the 'tune' of the PORTED BOX to be more than one organ pipe at the same exact time.

or as if the ported box was playing more than one note from a saxophone at the exact same time.

its really fancy stuff that will make you weep at the beauty of audio and the human intelligence.

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #51 of 51

Quote:
Let this thread die..

We keep saying it, but it doesn't happen. C'mon people. The original question has been answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back