Absolute Cheapest Computer Speakers that are Decent Quality
Jul 1, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #31 of 51

Quote:
to your unkind avail..
head-fi is about audiophile sound used by the ear(s) on your head.

this is one majestic flag that determines your small-minded attempts at being a bully.

your sentence structure thereafter is further childish.

i do indeed see clearly how you have pissed on someones parade.. which might as well be another majestic flag to determine your adolescent mentality.

i need not to conclude that although your behavior comes across as 9-14 years of age, you can really ruin your future talking trash on the internet.

and just to be thorough..
having the energy to fulfill sentences like 'everyone but you' when you are the only person talking, well this kind of behavior substantially adds to a catastrophic mental endeavor.

private investigators and spys make a living off of idiots like you.

He actually had a bit of a Declaration of Independence vibe going on with the repetition... 

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #33 of 51
What a fabulous thread! Almost Pythonesque, lol.

To the OP - I've heard good things about Logitech Z-2300. Most seem to like them. I know they have a sub but that can easily be hidden and it's volume lowered.

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #34 of 51
I've been using Labtec Spin 60 and Spin 70 computer speakers for many years.  They sound surprisingly fine for what they are used for.  YouTube, Skype, and regular non-audiophile computer audio.  I've even used them as external TV speakers (sounds better than the stock TV speakers).  Speech and dialog is fine and understandable.  Music sounds reasonably full.  Headphone and microphone jacks on the front so it's easy to connect a mic or a headset for Skype.

They're out of production now.  If you can find them or similar speakers you're good.  When I got them they were under $30 and might have been under $20, it's hard to remember.  I do remember getting them because they were inexpensive and good enough for what they'll be used for.  And I think that is they type of speaker the OP is looking for.  They're better than the $20 and under computer speakers I see available now in the stores.

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #35 of 51
i'm daydreaming and thinking about what a drooling chance this thread would be for those who frequent the flea market scene.

regardless of whether you purchased or stock the products.. it is fun to see people play with the results.
and even more fun for the companies who produce the products and make the profit from filling the flea markets.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #37 of 51
A lot of the $10-ish computer speakers that are at flea markets and liquidation type stores are garbage.  Junky sound and junky construction and they don't last long before they fail.  There's a lot of cheap junky computer speakers out there.  Finding the inexpensive but reasonably good computer speakers is the challenge.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #38 of 51
I'm not sure what your budget is, but for fairly inexpensive speakers that sound way better than their price, I'd go with Behringer studio monitors.  The MS16's are $69 and compare to some monitors in the $200 range.  They are much more accurate than the Logitechs in that price range.  They don't have much bass below 100 hz, but they sound great with a sub if you want to add one, and you already noted that your parents probably won't care about sub bass anyway.  They also have amps built in and will plug in directly to a computer.

Jul 2, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #39 of 51
Quote:
I'm not sure what your budget is, but for fairly inexpensive speakers that sound way better than their price, I'd go with Behringer studio monitors.  The MS16's are $69 and compare to some monitors in the $200 range.  They are much more accurate than the Logitechs in that price range.  They don't have much bass below 100 hz, but they sound great with a sub if you want to add one, and you already noted that your parents probably won't care about sub bass anyway.  They also have amps built in and will plug in directly to a computer.

Those look lovely (albeit my megaloathing of all Behringer products I've seen so far), but they look kind of big...

As a note, I found them on Amazon via J&R for $59 with free shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-MS16-Stereo-Speaker-System/dp/B000QTXUOS

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #40 of 51

[size=medium]
Well I just had a chance to revisit this mess of a thread I seemed to have created :D. Thank you all for your suggestions. My budget was ~$50 and below--sorry for not mentioning that sooner. I think I will probably go with one of the logitechs mentioned. I do not have to decide immediately.

As for anywaypasible, I sort of understand where you are coming from, but your recommendation was totally overkill for what I asked for. Isnt the point of trying to help, helping in the context asked by the OP? I still dont think you ever read my original post. There is no way you could have read it and came up with the recommendation that you did. Not everyone wants to put in the time and effort to learn how to put together a system from scratch. I wanted something cheap but of good quality, and thought that recommendations from head-fi would be better than recommendations found elsewhere.

Do you not see how ridiculous everything you said sounds? I specifically said that my parents were not audiophiles. They wont be leaning in with their ears close to the speakers as they're on Skype, muttering that the sound quality is not up to par. I feel that you probably spent a lot of time on your post and might be upset by everyone's response. I am sorry for your time lost. That doesn't justify you being stubborn when you are so clearly wrong. You have acted like a child who just cant admit they were wrong. Surely you can see this.
[/size]

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #41 of 51
a simple civil suit in order.

you are the flame starter that didnt give ANY OF US a price range until your very last post.

that kind of mental process is quite a flaw.
you should be saying something like 'you obviously dont read other threads on this forum to realize the average price range that is offered.. because then you would come to realize that the $161 is higher than some of the other suggestions (and lower than others)'

it wasnt sarcasm that i posted, and without a price point - anything below the $250-300 that is a compiled average of suggested products would suffice.
my sympathy for your lack of understanding :wink:

as far as your ridiculous comment goes, asking for quality under or at $50 is not rational in today's economic market.

i tried to forgive and forget by allocating other posters from the flea market genre who have had a chance to play with the 'toys' and determine which ones are worth putting on their shelves.. but you once again failed to show decency towards the flea market post.
and then you chose to discredit me entirely.

being rude and judgemental without a proper ability to adhere to consequences is worse than just being idiocentric.

a large amount of lacking morality in this thread.
ya'll know who you are .

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #42 of 51
Let this thread die..

But I would have thought that common sense would have told you that the context of my original post-- COMPUTER speakers for non-audiophile (my parents)--implied I didnt want to look for wood in garbage, buy screws, etc. to build a system from scratch. I do not think I have a lack of understanding; in fact I am still astounded by the lack of yours.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #44 of 51
I am usually polite and try to be kind to everyone I meet. You are right. I should not talk to people like that. It just peeves me when someone is completely wrong yet refuses to admit it. Again, like a child not getting their way. Read my original post, read your response, and tell me one more time that your response was appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back