Absolute best budget earbuds?
Dec 2, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #2,971 of 2,999
I bought a red Vido again a few months ago and something about it feels so good. I do not know if this is a quality control case, but the red Vidos that I got sound better than my KGIS, Ks Nameless, Sharp MD (maybe even tc200?). The mids sound better and more clear I guess? It handles vocals very well and oh wow that thumping bass, how I miss it hahaha. Might need to take a few more listens to know whats with this one that makes it sound so good!

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #2,972 of 2,999
I bought a red Vido again a few months ago and something about it feels so good. I do not know if this is a quality control case, but the red Vidos that I got sound better than my KGIS, Ks Nameless, Sharp MD (maybe even tc200?). The mids sound better and more clear I guess? It handles vocals very well and oh wow that thumping bass, how I miss it hahaha. Might need to take a few more listens to know whats with this one that makes it sound so good!

Actually I also do like the Vido better than the K's Nameless and Tingo TC200 too. And it only costs $1 USD! Amazing!

But I read there are different tunings in the Vido (based on colour). Not sure if this is a unit variance/QC in different batches, or an intended tuning, but it is really the epitome of bang for buck. I have some midfi earbuds costing even close to $50 USD that sound crappier than the Vido.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #2,973 of 2,999
Red vido sounds better than edifier h series, tc200, and qianyun39 for me.

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #2,974 of 2,999
This the right one?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32834600024.html

Dec 2, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #2,976 of 2,999
I bought the Shoonth earlier and also gonna order a couple MX500 shell buds (Yincrow X6 and KBear Stellar which are sold at the same store and are supposed to have a non-fatiguing sound, I never wear any MX500 shell bud for long anyways).

I think that'll be it for me for this year, just gonna try to enjoy the ones I have now and maybe revisit later in the spring/summer, maybe pick up Willsound PK32s or similar PK shell bud.

Dec 14, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #2,977 of 2,999
What do people think are the earbuds with the best mic quality? I had a pair of RY4S that were great, but they died after a couple years and the replacement 'sounds' great, but the mic seems awful for some reason and the mic button doesn't work to answer or end calls.

What about Vido with mic, or anything else in the sub $20 range? For the sound quality, I'm totally happy with the RY4S - surprisingly good. I've also had Shure IEMs and KZ ZSN. But for these, I just want a fantastic mic, comfortable earbuds (not IEM), and hopefully a slightly bass heavy sound signature (like the RY4S) but not totally over the top.

Any suggestions?

Dec 20, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #2,978 of 2,999
What would you consider to be an upgrade from red Vidos? They're my favorite earbuds right now, and I was going to buy Tingo TC200 until I saw your post hahah

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #2,980 of 2,999
What would you consider to be an upgrade from red Vidos? They're my favorite earbuds right now, and I was going to buy Tingo TC200 until I saw your post hahah
This is how I use the 2

For music, casual listening, Red Vidos
For entertainment, etc., Tc200

If you are a bit treble sensitive, the Tc200 can be a bit hard to get used to at first, after a lot of hours of burn-in do they only sound good to me. I like the vidos's more natural sound compared to the tc200. But in terms of imaging, soundstage, clarity, Tc200 wins in that department. That's why I use them for casual gaming

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #2,981 of 2,999
I'm looking for something comfortable for ladies and myself. Here's what I found:
Qian49 No data on SQ
Jcally Ep01 Positive reports on that one.
i had the ep01. Theyre pretty bright and have anemic bass (not so good bass). Even if you try to eq and increase the quantity of bass, the volume only gets more silent. But i do remember their imaging being good and everything else is ok

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #2,982 of 2,999
Thank you.

Well I have Ve monk, ty hi-z32, Yuin pk2, qian 25, Qian39, mx375, mx365, omx90, sony e808, e828, pq5 (this one looks ridiculously funny but it sounds good) and BGVP dx3s (well maybe I should not call this one “budget” ‘coz it costs $40 LOL)

Sir, i would like to hear your opinion. I really like MX365, it goes very well with iPod 5.5th. It has airy sound, enough (not best but good) soundstage, fits very well with cushion and stays well also. I could wear them 24 hours (which i have done that when i took bus trip) Sennheiser discontinued MX series. I tried MX80, MX170, MX475. MX170 was lacking of bass, MX80 was very close to PX100. I shocked very much when i heard the sound of MX80 in 2011. MX475 was very good soundstage wise, also it was very natural. Due to that, i couldn't get the joy i got on MX80 and MX365. The biggest problem was it would not fit my ears. :/

I read lots of earbud reviews. I am so sad i would like to try MX270 which almost everyone says it has more airy sound, and got the MX475's nice, correct soundstage, better bass. People don't prefer Yuin PK2 (better than PK3 soundwise), Edifier P180 compared to MX365. So what is your opinion? What would you chose? I need something like MX365, MX270... Must have cushions, and should be small cuz my ears are small! Thanks!

Also please check this review : https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1PHW7ZFDPFGDS?ASIN=B01C7XBJCU

He says Zero Audio Carbo Tenore much better than MX-365. If i can't find any good earbuds, i have to buy in-ear and it should be airy, deep and balanced, very well soundstage. No sibilance, no V-shape EQ, lively sound. I would feel the violin's, vocals eco in musics. You know it better than me what i am talking about. Anyway i need your opinion! Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #2,983 of 2,999
Hey all, I'm looking for some budget earbuds for watching tv shows/movies in bed on my S6 Lite Tablet. Something that's $50 or less and doesn't require an amp. They won't be used for music.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #2,984 of 2,999
This is how I use the 2

For music, casual listening, Red Vidos
For entertainment, etc., Tc200

If you are a bit treble sensitive, the Tc200 can be a bit hard to get used to at first, after a lot of hours of burn-in do they only sound good to me. I like the vidos's more natural sound compared to the tc200. But in terms of imaging, soundstage, clarity, Tc200 wins in that department. That's why I use them for casual gaming
Thanks for the input man , I'll get a pair of TC200 and try them out soon

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #2,985 of 2,999
What do people think are the earbuds with the best mic quality? I had a pair of RY4S that were great, but they died after a couple years and the replacement 'sounds' great, but the mic seems awful for some reason and the mic button doesn't work to answer or end calls.

What about Vido with mic, or anything else in the sub $20 range? For the sound quality, I'm totally happy with the RY4S - surprisingly good. I've also had Shure IEMs and KZ ZSN. But for these, I just want a fantastic mic, comfortable earbuds (not IEM), and hopefully a slightly bass heavy sound signature (like the RY4S) but not totally over the top.

Any suggestions?
Sony MH750. While not really an earbud, I find their sound and call quality hard to beat, especially considering the price. If you find a genuine pair, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back