Absolute best budget earbuds?
Sep 29, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #2,941 of 2,999
Ifi ear buddy. Excellent product.
Oh wait you're still getting pronounced noise with a 500ohm bud? Umm... I'm curious what the input impedance is for your amp. (not output impedance)

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #2,942 of 2,999
I think in general, the sound quality of buds are better than IEMs, im not so sure about it tho, I never owned IEMs
Actually, most of the users on headfi would likely agree that iems in general have better sound that earbuds.

Then there are a good handful of us iem users who recognize that this obsession we have is ultimately about the music and not the equipment. And so we appreciate a good bud because the music sounds so good. Yes there are technical weaknesses and the tuning is often not to our liking but the value is incredible. The K's nameless is $2 local to some of our users and sound fantastic. You just can't get that in the iem world.

Personally I prefer the soundstage of buds over iems.

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #2,943 of 2,999
I have only tried Vidos, Fengru Silvers, and Ks Nameless. I dont really have much money to buy a ton of buds hahaha
Are you on an Android 9+ device/phone?

Sep 29, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #2,944 of 2,999
Actually, most of the users on headfi would likely agree that iems in general have better sound that earbuds.

Then there are a good handful of us iem users who recognize that this obsession we have is ultimately about the music and not the equipment. And so we appreciate a good bud because the music sounds so good. Yes there are technical weaknesses and the tuning is often not to our liking but the value is incredible. The K's nameless is $2 local to some of our users and sound fantastic. You just can't get that in the iem world.

Personally I prefer the soundstage of buds over iems.

I personally think that iems are a lot worse for ear health. When I was predominantly using them, I was much more prone to tinnitus and ear infections. Also, the occasional "blast of volume" accidents seemed a lot more damaging with iems. Since switching over to buds, all is good :)

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #2,945 of 2,999
I personally think that iems are a lot worse for ear health. When I was predominantly using them, I was much more prone to tinnitus and ear infections. Also, the occasional "blast of volume" accidents seemed a lot more damaging with iems. Since switching over to buds, all is good :)
oh geezzz.... don't remind me. I've been saying here, publically, that with the pandemic remote situation I needed buds to be able to hear my surroundings. What also occurred was I had a middle ear infection that took a couple months to heal, so IEMs were out of the question. That's when I started looking at buds.

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #2,948 of 2,999
isn't that for sensitive iems? or does it work with anything
it works for anything but I didn't realize that it won't help him because his buds are 300ohm. I was more reading into his tube/amp source. I don't think the ifi ear buddy will be something ear buds users will really ever use since most buds are not really sensitive at all.

Sep 30, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #2,949 of 2,999
Oh wait you're still getting pronounced noise with a 500ohm bud? Umm... I'm curious what the input impedance is for your amp. (not output impedance)

Yes, the volume needs to be quite high to overshadow the noise on the k´s 500ohm. this is the specs of the amplifier
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 21.42.26.png

Oct 7, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #2,952 of 2,999
[QUOTE = "DatOrbitDude, сообщение: 15905464, участник: 536042"]
Это не друзья, это наушники. Примером наушников являются Vidos, Headroom ms16, VE monk +. Примеры наушников: qkz ak6, blon bl 03, kz edx
[/ QUOTE]

Утрачено при переводе ))))

Жду RY4S с Али. У меня есть FENGRU DIY EMX500S и Qian25. They are not for music, for tv-soapboxoperas only)))

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #2,953 of 2,999
The right speaker of my Hi-Z pair started buzzing on the low frequencies. I really liked their sound and I'm looking for something similar, although I wouldn't mind a good pair with less bass. Any suggestions?
I was between RY4S and the Blue/Red pair from NICEHCK (what is their connection to Vido, btw?). I know Monk's sound signature is Λ-shaped while Hi-Zs are V-shaped, but I might give them a try, too.

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #2,955 of 2,999
I am not up to date on the earbuds, is there anything that sounds really good under 15-20 € with replaceable cable to be used on balanced output?

BK2. It is quite balanced, neutralish bright, quite good technicalities, detachable cable. It goes at around $20 USD during sales on Aliexpress.
Soundstage is not the best for a earbud though, and it lacks bass, but otherwise quite good value for the cost. This set is easy to drive.

A 2nd option is the RY4S 300 ohm MMCX version. U shaped, quite coherent. Subbass not the bass in extension, but midbass is on the faster side. Upper mids are not hot, good timbre. Needs amping though, as per the 300 ohm impedance. Don't try to use it on a low powered smart phone, sounds very flat!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back