Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jul 19, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #2,656 of 2,999
blue I dont think it has a J-cable as it looks normal in the split there. bought from limonade something on ebay.

it was not shipped in any bubble wrap or any protection, and took a long time = decent chance of damage in shipping i'd say, just my experience.

Does it have a mic? The versions with a mic do not have a J cable but the one with a mic did have one.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #2,657 of 2,999
Does it have a mic? The versions with a mic do not have a J cable but the one with a mic did have one.

no mic.

heres the pic, no j cable.

M9FMEdH.jpg

Attachments

• vido.jpg
    vido.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #2,658 of 2,999
Like, honnestly, did NiceHCK M80 is any good? At least better than EB2??

I'm mitiged here....EBX have good reason to be hyped....but the M80 impressions are mitiged from what I read.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #2,659 of 2,999
no j-cable and no mic.

heres the pic

M9FMEdH.jpg

That is good to know! Most people hate the J cable. I bought a white one with a J cable because I knew I was going to have it recabled anyway. Otherwise I would have suffered with a mic... better than suffering with a J cable:)

R0014387.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #2,660 of 2,999
yea unforunately they are not resolving in the bass, it must have some dip after the sub and before the mid bass somewhere because I tried producing with it and it translates very poorly in the low end, clearly missing that frequency. treble is nice and resolving though, love it overall. reminds me of some akg over-ears but slightly less bright.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #2,661 of 2,999
Like, honnestly, did NiceHCK M80 is any good? At least better than EB2??

I'm mitiged here....EBX have good reason to be hyped....but the M80 impressions are mitiged from what I read.

Have you visited the main Earbuds Roundup thread. People usually just talk about the very inexpensive buds in this thread. It is kind of crazy though that both are active because all of them... from $3 to $300 are talked about in the other thread.

I do have both of the buds you mentioned and like them both but both are very dependent on fit. The M80 is a bit large and bulky for me. They sound amazing when I can correctly position them but sometimes they just feel to big. The EB2 is a much better fit for me I love it... so comfortable.

You use foams, right?

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #2,662 of 2,999
Have you visited the main Earbuds Roundup thread. People usually just talk about the very inexpensive buds in this thread. It is kind of crazy though that both are active because all of them... from $3 to $300 are talked about in the other thread.

I do have both of the buds you mentioned and like them both but both are very dependent on fit. The M80 is a bit large and bulky for me. They sound amazing when I can correctly position them but sometimes they just feel to big. The EB2 is a much better fit for me I love it... so comfortable.

You use foams, right?

Oh I see. Will ask there too then.

I use donut foam 100% of the time....EB2 sound too fowards for me....and flat....and well, its very subjective. M80 intrigue me as they use part of EBX housing that could give wide airy out of your head soundstage....

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #2,663 of 2,999
blue, I dont think it has a J-cable as it looks normal in the split there. bought from limonade something on ebay.

it was not shipped in any bubble wrap or any protection, and took a long time = decent chance of damage in shipping i'd say, just my experience.

Im probably going to buy 2 more.

the reason i asked is because the red version is claimed to be more mid centric. but if you want really good bass extension you should try emx500, it can produce deep sub bass really well (im using the mmcx version though, idk about other cable version but they should more or less be the same)

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #2,664 of 2,999
the reason i asked is because the red version is claimed to be more mid centric. but if you want really good bass extension you should try emx500, it can produce deep sub bass really well (im using the mmcx version though, idk about other cable version but they should more or less be the same)

is it the same driver? I believe the monk and the faeeal and vido use same driver but shell difference translates different sounds? this as well|? I'd like to see a frequency response chart before I spend THIS much money lol. getting too expensive for me man lol.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #2,666 of 2,999
is it the same driver? I believe the monk and the faeeal and vido use same driver but shell difference translates different sounds? this as well|? I'd like to see a frequency response chart before I spend THIS much money lol. getting too expensive for me man lol. I believe the problem with the vido is too much low end rolloff, I think the other 2 have the same problem.

Those all have the same size shell so they would all need drivers that fit that shell but there are so many drivers that are that size. I seriously doubt they are using the same drivers. For one thing the Monks are 64 ohm. Faaeal has several different ones... some higher impedence than others.

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #2,667 of 2,999
yea im not gonna get what I want at the price I want, I want a flat across the board earbud, no v shapes no rolloff's, but thats not going to happen in chifi probably unless maybe i throw down the cash.

im probably gonna get the Sennheiser IE 40 Pros next.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #2,668 of 2,999
yea im not gonna get what I want at the price I want, I want a flat across the board earbud, no v shapes no rolloff's, but thats not going to happen in chifi probably unless maybe i throw down the cash.

im probably gonna get the Sennheiser IE 40 Pros next.

Have you said what your budget is?

Jul 19, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #2,670 of 2,999
whats the cheapest earbud that will get me what I desire? noted up top.

At this point I personally hesitate to recommend anything to you because I cannot presume to know exactly what you desire. You might not hear things the exact same way that I do.

I think you should be asking in the regular Earbuds Roundup thread. This thread is very inactive compared to that one.

Also you should mention some kind of a budget. Would you spend $30? You say you are thinking of getting the Sennheiser IE 40 Pro IEM which is around $100. Why do you expect a $4 earbud to compete?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back