Absolute best budget earbuds?
Nov 8, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #2,477 of 2,999
Are there any 'pod' style earbuds worth getting? I was looking at the Memt T5 which looks nice with a metal housing and seems to be decently reviewed.

Nov 8, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #2,478 of 2,999
Are there any 'pod' style earbuds worth getting? I was looking at the Memt T5 which looks nice with a metal housing and seems to be decently reviewed.
I think the MEMT T5 are very good. They lack a bit of bass extension and have a fairly narrow soundstage, but their excellent clarity and separation mean they don't sound congested. And with their warm mids, sparkly highs and intimate presentation, they are very good for vocals and acoustic music. I use them with foams which opens them up a bit and takes the cold away from that metal!

Oh, and they're beautifully built and presented - they look and feel like a premium product.

Nov 8, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #2,479 of 2,999

Absolutely! The T5 sounds and looks great.

R0013510.JPG

Nov 8, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2,480 of 2,999
@mbwilson111

I forgot to mention the magnets!

Also to give a summary of the Sony E808+. Although quite long in the tooth, they are still worth considering in the budget category. With excellent bass, wide soundstage and decent trebles, they offer a big, ballsy sound that is excellent for hard-hitting music like rock or punk. OK, they won't win any medals for refinement, but they have plenty of texture, detail and character, and are still one of my go-to buds for some listening. They are also my most comfortable buds with their asymmetric and contoured shape. Although some people might be put off by the J cable, at about $5 they are a bargain. Take note, though: they DO need a decent amount of use or burn-in to get the best out of them. About 20-30 hours did it for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-E808-Headphones-Stereo-Earphones-/283137985133

Nov 8, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #2,481 of 2,999
Also to give a summary of the Sony E808+. Although quite long in the tooth, they are still worth considering in the budget category. With excellent bass, wide soundstage and decent trebles, they offer a big, ballsy sound that is excellent for hard-hitting music like rock or punk. OK, they won't win any medals for refinement, but they have plenty of texture, detail and character, and are still one of my go-to buds for some listening. They are also my most comfortable buds with their asymmetric and contoured shape. Although some people might be put off by the J cable, at about $5 they are a bargain. Take note, though: they DO need a decent amount of use or burn-in to get the best out of them. About 20-30 hours did it for me.

I ordered two from that listing the other night. I hate J cables but am hoping my husband @HungryPanda will recable them. J cables do not work with long hair.

Nov 8, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #2,482 of 2,999
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #2,484 of 2,999
What's the diameter of those Sony's on eBay?

If anyone sees anything with a diameter 15mm or less and less than like $15 then lemme know, don't care about sound quality/signature as long as it's better than dollar store. Smallest one I have is the Qian39 (and Edifier H180s if the mail ever ****ing delivers them).

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #2,486 of 2,999
What's the diameter of those Sony's on eBay?
It's not round but it is bigger than the Qian39. It's the shape that makes it comfortable for me.

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #2,487 of 2,999
The one that come with a smarphone, most people don't use it so if a family member buy a new phone ask then to give you the ear buds.

yeah boy some of them were really good over the years... others (most) not so much... but Free.... that's hard to pass... free wins.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #2,488 of 2,999
hi
been ages since i read this thread :p
im looking for an earbud for under 50 usd any recommendations ?
whats good for vocal/mids nowdays? best for the buck earbud ?

i listen to asian pop,, anime music, ballad and vocal music.
will use it with my sansa clip+ but i think i would buy shanling m0 or ap80 soon.

a quick read seems like ry4s and faaeal datura x seems popular ?
how are they for my needs? which one is better ? or do u guys recommend something else ?

anything that have hifiman he-500 mids/vocal out there ? :grin:

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #2,490 of 2,999

I'm surprised how cheap they are. The T2s were around the same price for 11.11, but that's the extent from what I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back