Absolute best budget earbuds?
Aug 8, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #1,741 of 2,999
In my experience ty32 are not thin but quite warm with good bass... ty150 is easily powered by phone...i often use mine... appatently seahf 150 has slighty better bass but essenrially same dtiver (according to manufacturer)

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #1,742 of 2,999
One seller even call them sleeping earbuds... though of course its open to interpretation what they mean by that

I always wake my buds before use. They just sound better.

wake up.gif

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #1,744 of 2,999
T314p from Ty hi z is noticeably worse than monk+ imo. They are earbuds to fall asleep to. Means boomy bass, muddy mids, recessed high. Very weird to me??

Yuin shell are my favourite shells...

Mmhm if I would be you I would get the new graphene diy from nicehck. They look like excellent value for money and balanced neutral sound. They have been compared to shozy bk. Look them up. I know they are slightly above your budget but I think it's worth it considered some prefer it to a $180 model . So far nicehck has never disappointed.

All the earbuds mentioned above are more warm and fun, while still being very nice. It's not trying to be like monk+.
I have the TFZ Exclusive 5 which uses a graphene driver that I really like, really interested in seeing if the diy one is good as well~

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #1,745 of 2,999
Aug 16, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #1,746 of 2,999
So. lately I've been listening to an Indonesian earbud made by Initiate Audio which I'd call budget if you disregard Western Union fees and shipping, so at least for Indonesians this would be budget. It's focus lies in bass with respectable vocals. I know for my tastes I'd take this over Vido, but then again after shipping and two different WU fees, I certainly paid quite a bit more for this than Vido too. It uses the standard MX500 housing, and a cable quite similar to the RX-1 cable that is used in the Sawarna. I know it suits me better than Elibuds Sabia V4, which has a respectable quality to it for the price. If you're looking for an earbud with a fun sound, and have access to buying from Indonesia without heavy shipping or other fees, it might be worth looking into.

@nmatheis has it as part of his huge shipment, so should hopefully get to listen to it before too long.

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #1,747 of 2,999
So what's the best sound for cheap these days. Looking for something to go with my n3 for work

Aug 24, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #1,749 of 2,999
I now actually quite enjoy the diy mx500 clear shell after updating to zishan Z2 and 100hr+ burn in. very musical. nice all rounder, especially good with analog recorded music
nicehck pk2 are super nice as well, around 20usd very good for pop - needs 200hr burn in to show it's beauty.
these aren't technical monsters for sure but very musical and relaxed. excellent for casual listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back