Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jun 21, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,576 of 2,999
Ok. But is 180 having more boominess than SHE3800 or it is same? And when you say brighter, is it smooth or harsh?

I am listening to the H180 now and it is smooth, not harsh sounding, at least to my ears. I think the SHE3800 will sound boomier for the same reason I said it will sound warmer overall. My guess is the SHE3800 will still be your favorite. The H180 is more neutral sounding. Because the SHE3800 has less treble, you will likely be able to listen to it at louder volumes without fatigue compared to the H180, and this will give the impression of louder bass, and more boominess.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #1,578 of 2,999
I am listening to the H180 now and it is smooth, not harsh sounding, at least to my ears. I think the SHE3800 will sound boomier for the same reason I said it will sound warmer overall. My guess is the SHE3800 will still be your favorite. The H180 is more neutral sounding. Because the SHE3800 has less treble, you will likely be able to listen to it at louder volumes without fatigue compared to the H180, and this will give the impression of louder bass, and more boominess.

Thanks buddy. I also feel that SHE3800 will be better choice as per my taste and sound preference. Now do you have any Link where 3800 is available at reasonable price (mic version)? The one at Lunashop is at $12. I am wondering if without mic is at $3.5, then with mic might be available in $5 o $6.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #1,579 of 2,999
I am also wondering if any High Impedence bud with mic is also there which has same 3800 kind of sound signature? Same boominess in Bass and warmness in high.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #1,580 of 2,999
Thanks buddy. I also feel that SHE3800 will be better choice as per my taste and sound preference. Now do you have any Link where 3800 is available at reasonable price (mic version)? The one at Lunashop is at $12. I am wondering if without mic is at $3.5, then with mic might be available in $5 o $6.

Sorry I can't really help you with that, your guess is as good as mine.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,581 of 2,999
I am also wondering if any High Impedence bud with mic is also there which has same 3800 kind of sound signature? Same boominess in Bass and warmness in high.

I don't personally have experience with any high impedence buds with a SHE3800 type of signature. I haven't heard the Zen 2, but based purely on other peoples impressions, I'd say it might be up your alley. Maybe try reaching out to Zen 2 owners and ask if they have also heard the SHE3800 and if so how they compare.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #1,583 of 2,999
I don't personally have experience with any high impedence buds with a SHE3800 type of signature. I haven't heard the Zen 2, but based purely on other peoples impressions, I'd say it might be up your alley. Maybe try reaching out to Zen 2 owners and ask if they have also heard the SHE3800 and if so how they compare.
Sure. Good idea. Or I can post here and see if anyone replies.

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #1,584 of 2,999
Can anyone pls suggest if Zen 2.0 and SHE3800 has exact same kind of sound signature. Same Boominess in Bass and very Warm sound? O if any other High impedence bud which has Mic, has same SHE3800 kind of sound? Pls suggest.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #1,588 of 2,999
And I don't know any High End earbuds with mic... (even with high impedance). Good luck to find some !

(solution : Just Do It = DIY and change the cable). :ksc75smile:
I wish I could do DIY. Don't know how to change the cable or else I have changed the cable of my one speaker broken SHE3800 and also one more earbud which I have from AliExpress and that was good too. Some VRME Sports Earbud. What all tools you need and how to open the shell? And where to buy good quality Cable with Mic?

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #1,589 of 2,999
While plugged-in, if I hold SHE3800 and don't move much, bot speakers work Which means that some loose contact of inner wire of left speaker. I wish I can open and fix this. But I must say that I just heard it once again and they are too good. Can someone pls help me fixing this :| :rolling_eyes:

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,590 of 2,999
I wish I could do DIY. Don't know how to change the cable or else I have changed the cable of my one speaker broken SHE3800 and also one more earbud which I have from AliExpress and that was good too. Some VRME Sports Earbud. What all tools you need and how to open the shell? And where to buy good quality Cable with Mic?

It is very easy to do, especially if you are buying a premade replacement cable since the jack will already be soldered for you. There are tons of replacement cables with mic on aliexpress. The only tools which are absolutely necessary are a soldering iron, and solder, however a soldering clamp stand such as this, as well as a multimeter could be helpful. Earbud shells are usually easy to open. The SHE3800 opens easily with a fingernail. Here is a video of a guy recabling a Vido.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back