Absolute best budget earbuds?
Apr 6, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #916 of 2,999
Received 808+ and MX500 today. Will give more impressions later..but out the box the FENGRU mx500 is sweet as hell (gold twisty cable, black shells).  E808+ has a nice bass bounce for sure not sure its quite up to par in other aspects though...will give a more comprehensive analysis of impressions along with yinman 64 in the coming days but if anyone has questions cuz they are thinking of buying them feel free to pm. mx500 took 3 weeks to get here (good time!) , e808+ took 3 months + 1 week. The times vary so much in Canada.

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #917 of 2,999
  Received 808+ and MX500 today. Will give more impressions later..but out the box the FENGRU mx500 is sweet as hell (gold twisty cable, black shells).  E808+ has a nice bass bounce for sure not sure its quite up to par in other aspects though...will give a more comprehensive analysis of impressions along with yinman 64 in the coming days but if anyone has questions cuz they are thinking of buying them feel free to pm. mx500 took 3 weeks to get here (good time!) , e808+ took 3 months + 1 week. The times vary so much in Canada.

From my experiences (and others on here) the E808+ needs a lot of time to reach its best, so persevere, you should be rewarded.

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #919 of 2,999

I have just received my SHE3800 and OOTB I am very impressed. I shall use them for a few days and then post a comparison with Monk+ and Hi-Z 32 on here.

Will be looking forward to this!

That was an old post of mine from last year. I don't think I got round to doing the comparison and I don't use them any more. Sorry.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #920 of 2,999
Willber any quick comments?

My impressions are:
TY32 - excellent trebles but might be too much for some. Decent mids but bass is just alright. Amping did solve some of the bottom issues though. Hardest to drive among the 3.

Monk+ - probably the best mids among the 3 with decent bass and highs. Good overall sounstage with good details which makes it a fun listen.

SHE3800 - Insane amount of bass with them, to a point its too much lol. Decent highs and good mids. I find them to be very detailed OOTB but after awhile it wasnt as detailed but still very fun to listen. Probably the easiest to drive among the 3.

Anw just to add on the Sony E808+ recabled. I have two of them. One being a pair of replaced drivers from taobao where i broke before with the Senzer cable and one stock drivers with SHE3800 cable. The sound from the one with the SHE cable is alot better than the other, more aggressive and fun to listen to with a punchy bass. I tried to put a foam behind the diaphragm but dont find any difference in the sound lol. Probably too thin or doesnt reflect the sound. Will try to switch the cables when i'm home tonight to check if the sound changes.

Pics to be uploaded later.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #921 of 2,999

From my experiences (and others on here) the E808+ needs a lot of time to reach its best, so persevere, you should be rewarded.

And  , they are broken. I did the sound quality test on these and noticed a problem in one channel with the "quality" or "bass shaker" test. Still not a huge deal since many other pretty good headphones dont do tell well on that. However now one of the ears just rattles and rattles when the bass is loud. Tried to see if i could fix it by opening it up but nothing. It didn't have the worst sound at first, some good bass for sure, but overall not clear, based on my hour or two with them.  Maybe ill stick some ty32 drivers in the shell and see what happens. So my vote..."boooo e808+".

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #922 of 2,999
@Willber any quick comments?

My impressions are:
TY32 - excellent trebles but might be too much for some. Decent mids but bass is just alright. Amping did solve some of the bottom issues though. Hardest to drive among the 3.

Monk+ - probably the best mids among the 3 with decent bass and highs. Good overall sounstage with good details which makes it a fun listen.

SHE3800 - Insane amount of bass with them, to a point its too much lol. Decent highs and good mids. I find them to be very detailed OOTB but after awhile it wasnt as detailed but still very fun to listen. Probably the easiest to drive among the 3.

Pics to be uploaded later.

Not too different from my impression except i think the ty32 has great bass and I dont mind the highs, though i've noticed they are ponounced over time (but the high mids and mids are not so it works to add that "v" shape, and its not as bad as **** pt15)...she3800 definitly too much bass for me.

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #923 of 2,999
  Not too different from my impression except i think the ty32 has great bass and I dont mind the highs, though i've noticed they are ponounced over time (but the high mids and mids are not so it works to add that "v" shape, and its not as bad as **** pt15)...she3800 definitly too much bass for me.

I had the same impression for the TY32 initially as it was the first pair of bud i received from AE. The bass was overpowering but after some brain burn in with the E808+ then the SHE3800 and by the time i got back to the TY32 again, damn they are bass shy lol

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #924 of 2,999
I'm starting to realize a lot of orders aren't reaching my home. Does anyone know what to do? I've had to start 3 dispute's in the last 2 days alone. The second one with CKLewis in a week. This is disheartening. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #925 of 2,999
  I'm starting to realize a lot of orders aren't reaching my home. Does anyone know what to do? I've had to start 3 dispute's in the last 2 days alone. The second one with CKLewis in a week. This is disheartening. 

Never had a problem with CKLewis. My Walnut took 20 days to arrive in Portugal. Quite good actually. Also the order tracking was perfect, something I cannot say for the most of AliExpress vendors....

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #926 of 2,999

You're shipping to Canada right? I am also. The times are very long and can take longer than the warranty or dispute period they allow. Its troubling. Took 3 months +1 week for the e808+. How long have you been waiting for your items?

*also, a reputable seller told me they dont know why , but Canada deliveries are taking forever

*my postlady mentioned sonething about Chinese items takingvtheir time, i googled it cuz i couldnt remember, this post is from last year on another site.

'The delays are because all the items come from china come through Vancouver CBSA. CBSA have been redistributing people from the mail sorting sections to other areas. So subsequently with increase in people buy items from china and the shortage in the international mail screening area there is a major back log in the parcels being processed. It now typically take a package 6 weeks to clear Customs and be transfered to Canada Post for domestic delivery. People on ebay and Alibaba are feeling the same thing. Just a little inside info'

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #927 of 2,999
You're shipping to Canada right? I am also. The times are very long and can take longer than the warranty or dispute period they allow. Its troubling. Took 3 months +1 week for the e808+. How long have you been waiting for your items?

*also, a reputable seller told me they dont know why , but Canada deliveries are taking forever

*my postlady mentioned sonething about Chinese items takingvtheir time, i googled it cuz i couldnt remember, this post is from last year on another site.

'The delays are because all the items come from china come through Vancouver CBSA. CBSA have been redistributing people from the mail sorting sections to other areas. So subsequently with increase in people buy items from china and the shortage in the international mail screening area there is a major back log in the parcels being processed. It now typically take a package 6 weeks to clear Customs and be transfered to Canada Post for domestic delivery. People on ebay and Alibaba are feeling the same thing. Just a little inside info'

That might be one of the best posts for Canadians on this website alone. Thanks! 

The length of shipping waiting times to Vancouver range per item, most come in on time, the longer times are basically past the original 60 days. How do you personally deal with this situation?

Do you allow the seller to extend the delivery time by 30 days? If so, I will do the same. I'm tired of opening up disputes.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #928 of 2,999

There u go the recabled E808+. The one with the black foam is the replacement driver set (A) and the grey foam is the stock driver set (B).

I swapped the cables and true enough, set (B) has more bass than (A). But the sad thing is that i discharged my Walnut today without realising hence now i am listening straight out from the audio jack on my desktop which makes the music thinner T.T

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #929 of 2,999
  That might be one of the best posts for Canadians on this website alone. Thanks! 

The length of shipping waiting times to Vancouver range per item, most come in on time, the longer times are basically past the original 60 days. How do you personally deal with this situation?

Do you allow the seller to extend the delivery time by 30 days? If so, I will do the same. I'm tired of opening up disputes.

I have good results from Penon. When the 7 sale was on I was looking at 1More Triples and ended up ordering it locally (10 minutes away actually) for a few more $ just to get it in a reasonable time. That's what it amounts to now, pay the bargain price and hope that it takes less than 3 months or pay up and get it in a reasonable time frame.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #930 of 2,999

pay the bargain price and hope that it takes less than 3 months or pay up and get it in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks, from now on I will allow the seller to extend delivery times to my Canadian address for 30 more days (3 months in total). After that time, if it doesn't arrive I will make a dispute and ask for a refund. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back