Absolute best budget earbuds?
Feb 21, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #527 of 2,999
Feb 21, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #528 of 2,999
Feb 21, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #529 of 2,999
Feb 21, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #530 of 2,999

Aliexpress.

I'm sorry but i cannot find them! Could you give me a link?

Lots of choices here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Faareal+64&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=B4msWJ_yHYGwUoGGpaAL#q=faaeal+64+aliexpress

For search purposes...  FAAEAL
No "R" 

Yep, that's what my link does.

Not arguing -- "Faareal+64&i"

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #531 of 2,999

Lots of choices here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Faareal+64&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=B4msWJ_yHYGwUoGGpaAL#q=faaeal+64+aliexpress

No "R" 

Yep, that's what my link does.

Not arguing -- "Faareal+64&i"

1. Look at later in the string - "faaeal+64+aliexpress"
2. Check to see what the link returns

(If you're really interested I'll explain why the "Faareal" is there
wink.gif
)

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #532 of 2,999
There are 3 different versions of the farerl. A fully transparent, a blue transparent, and one other IIRC. I never had any of them myself but several sellers have it. If farerl isn't the real name... Someone posted it once

Lots of choices here:

No "R" 

Yes thanks to all, i searched Faareal and nothing happened !
They look absolutely cool!
And if i would something with trrs 2.5 is there something apart the Espresso?

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #533 of 2,999

Yes thanks to all, i searched Faareal and nothing happened !
They look absolutely cool!
And if i would something with trrs 2.5 is there something apart the Espresso?

I use the **** PT15 earbuds ($15, without cable) on a balanced MMCX cable, with my DP-X1.
The Daik DK-Song ($47, without cable) is another earbud with MMCX connectors.  I also use them on the balanced output of my DP-X1.

Other than that, only more expensive earbuds are available with 2.5mm TRRS - unless you want to re-wire your own budget units with balanced connections - I'm seriously considering that with a couple of sub-$10 models, just for the fun of it.
I just bought the VE Asura 2.0 (2.5TRRS), which was $88.  It's currently my favorite earbud/earphone to listen to.

The next step up in price, would be the Rose Masya ($110) with MMCX connectors, to use with your own balanced cable.  There are also other, more expensive Rose earbuds, with MMCX.
The Yinman 600 ($142) has MMCX connectors.
The VE Zen (Standard 2.5TRRS) ($158) & (Black 2.5TRRS) ($358) have a tethered 2.5mm cable, like the Monk Plus and Asura.
The Shozy BK (Stardust) ($190) has a tethered 2.5mm cable.

Hope this helps,
David Baldock

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #534 of 2,999
  I use the **** PT15 earbuds ($15, without cable) on a balanced MMCX cable, with my DP-X1.
The Daik DK-Song ($47, without cable) is another earbud with MMCX connectors.  I also use them on the balanced output of my DP-X1.

Other than that, only more expensive earbuds are available with 2.5mm TRRS - unless you want to re-wire your own budget units with balanced connections - I'm seriously considering that with a couple of sub-$10 models, just for the fun of it.
I just bought the VE Asura 2.0 (2.5TRRS), which was $88.  It's currently my favorite earbud/earphone to listen to.

The next step up in price, would be the Rose Masya ($110) with MMCX connectors, to use with your own balanced cable.  There are also other, more expensive Rose earbuds, with MMCX.
The VE Zen (Standard 2.5TRRS) ($158) & (Black 2.5TRRS) ($358) have a tethered 2.5mm cable, like the Monk Plus and Asura.

Hope this helps,
David Baldock

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
Looks like i have to try some diy re-wire!

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #535 of 2,999
  Anyone have experience with the AKG K309? I've seen them for around US$15 so it's a budget earbud.

V signature, lacking some highs detail. The biggest problem for me is the shell design. Very uncomfortable and if you're not careful they drop out the ears very easily.

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #536 of 2,999
Anyone here owns a Monk+, SHE3800, and Qain39 and prefers the sound of the Monks more? If so why? I want to see if My feeling for the Monks are right especially the vocals. Does the monks vocal feel like it is centered compared to the other two buds, where it is more forward to your ear?

I have all three and my preference goes to Monk+. Real balanced and centered, amazing soundstage. Both SHE3800 and Qian have better bass, but are lacking Monks soundstage, balance and highs. I found them way more darker. With some sources (Xduoo X3 for example) that's not a problem and I really enjoyed Qian over Monk.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #537 of 2,999
I have all three and my preference goes to Monk+. Real balanced and centered, amazing soundstage. Both SHE3800 and Qian have better bass, but are lacking Monks soundstage, balance and highs. I found them way more darker. With some sources (Xduoo X3 for example) that's not a problem and I really enjoyed Qian over Monk.

Hmm for me its the other was round where Monk has bass and the other 2 are pretty meh, and are brighter than the Monks. I guess source is impt too and i usually use my buds with Walnut V2 and Zishan DSD. At home they are amped with the Walnut too.

But then i guess its still up to preference lol

Cheers!

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #538 of 2,999

Hope this helps,
David Baldock

Both Masya & Mojito use .75mm 2-pin connectors. With their IEMs Rose has been willing to change the connector type when contacted, so MMCX might be an option.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #539 of 2,999
Both Masya & Mojito use .75mm 2-pin connectors. With their IEMs Rose has been willing to change the connector type when contacted, so MMCX might be an option.

OK. Thanks for the update. 
Looked like MMCX.  I guess I wasn't getting a clear enough view of the connectors, from the quick glances at the images I've seen.  
Are they using standard 2-pin connectors?

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #540 of 2,999
Mmm have to agree with everyone. Monk+ are special with dense vocals and amazingly deep soundstage and musicality and even with bass with double foam to create a seal.

I have sony809+ and quain39 and i think i will order 2 dollar diy cable for modding. Tell me which benefits more between from recabling between 808 or quain39.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back