Absolute best budget earbuds?
Feb 20, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #511 of 2,999
  I have a feeling I'm going to wish I just bought a pair of those for everyday use, but I guess I needed to buy some budget pairs to see what my ears can handle?

Hey. I notice a lot of discontent in some of your choices. I have no idea what your experience or use of buds is, but if I can make a suggestion, try spending a lot of time with some of the buds and giving them a chance. Several of my buds I did a complete 180 on after spending time with them, which sounds amazing, but is true. For instance, i dislked the k 64 at first...now its one of my favourites.  I don't mean "burn in" really, imo its more liekly your ears and listening needs to get accustomed. I could be wrong, might just be burn in. Also those analytic tests can be useful, but dont let them shape your overall experience. Just sharing that thought in case it might help you enjoy your current line of buds. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #512 of 2,999
Anyone here owns a Monk+, SHE3800, and Qain39 and prefers the sound of the Monks more? If so why? I want to see if My feeling for the Monks are right especially the vocals. Does the monks vocal feel like it is centered compared to the other two buds, where it is more forward to your ear?

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #513 of 2,999
Anyone here owns a Monk+, SHE3800, and Qain39 and prefers the sound of the Monks more? If so why? I want to see if My feeling for the Monks are right especially the vocals. Does the monks vocal feel like it is centered compared to the other two buds, where it is more forward to your ear?

I'm totally in that camp, just something about the overall balance of sound, there's nothing forward about it but in that way it gives a sense I could almost be listening to speakers, especially when a bit of power is put through them such as playing through the Walnut or with an amp. They're great for rock and metal which is what I mostly listen to.

(As an aside - playing an album yesterday that starts with the sound of rain and thunder and lightning, this was on my TY HP400s, and I genuinely thought this was outside and took out my earbuds to listen!)

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #514 of 2,999
I own those 3 but i prefer the SHE3800 and Qian39 over the Monks as i am a huge treblehead. Didnt liked the Monk+ midcentric and rather bass heavy signature (for me a bass sensitive person). For me the clarity and details on the SHE3800 is really an experience on its own and the Qian with the right fit (full foam, rubber ring and donut foam) is probably on par with the SHE3800 or even better.

But i can understand if i am a treble sensitive person then maybe the Monk+ would be the best sounding among the 3 as it leans towards a balanced sig.

Edit:
Qian39 and SHE3800 - Great for people who can handle trebles, bad for treble sensitive people
Monk+ - Great for people with no sound preference, good for almost everyone

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #515 of 2,999
Didnt liked the Monk+ midcentric and rather bass heavy signature (for me a bass sensitive person).

Monk + are bass heavy
blink.gif
. I wonder if I got faulty piece as I find the bass is missing n it sounds very hollow/ boxy type.

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #516 of 2,999
Cant say much abt the Monk anymore as i loaned it to a fren before my order arrive in the mail. But from my almost 2 weeks of usage they sound bassy to me (i get headache when there are too much bass, probably a sign of high blood pressure lmao)

Hence u can see me giving praises to the K64 which has great emphasis on the upper range.

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #517 of 2,999
  Hey. I notice a lot of discontent in some of your choices. I have no idea what your experience or use of buds is, but if I can make a suggestion, try spending a lot of time with some of the buds and giving them a chance.

Okay, will do so. I'll try to leave my future comments to more educated ones. I have 20 new buds to listen to, so I'll get back to you guys in a few months... I need to give them all a proper burn in and listen period. 

I'm glad I found this website and the information provided... Of it wasn't I'd probably be like everyone else listening to crappy Beats or ear pods, lol. They have no soul.

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #518 of 2,999
Okay, will do so. I'll try to leave my future comments to more educated ones. I have 20 new buds to listen to, so I'll get back to you guys in a few months... I need to give them all a proper burn in and listen period. 

I'm glad I found this website and the information provided... Of it wasn't I'd probably be like everyone else listening to crappy Beats or ear pods, lol. They have no soul.

Just describe as best as you can. Not everyone is expected to be eloquent, and the more practice you get the better you'll become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back