Absolute best budget earbuds?
Feb 20, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #2,176 of 2,999
Thank you! So what you use to make the holes perfect?

Also, it's 1donut and 1full for each side? At first I read it as 2donuts and 2full each side xD
haha god no I cannot imagine that fitting too easy... isn’t that right @Danneq

I cut them with a scissors although it’s not important if they are cut a little wonky as they won’t be facing the outward side if you choose to use the precut side facing out. :)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #2,178 of 2,999
I gave up on donuts and switched to danishes...

(that is, I sold my pair of RX1. Under the foams I used silicone rings and that improved the fit for me)

Prune?

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #2,179 of 2,999
Any recommendation on a nice set of budget earbuds to use with my Nintendo switch, budget is 25.00?

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #2,180 of 2,999
Feb 22, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #2,181 of 2,999

Tried that but they are terribly difficult to fit in my ears. I am however considering raisins.

Sorry for the nonsense. Your avatar and name gets my Marx fanaticism started (love 'em!)

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #2,182 of 2,999
any other suggestions, I really like in ear buds that go deeper into ear canal, for some reasons that style never stays in ear for me.

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #2,183 of 2,999
Tried that but they are terribly difficult to fit in my ears. I am however considering raisins.

Sorry for the nonsense. Your avatar and name gets my Marx fanaticism started (love 'em!)

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #2,184 of 2,999
Feb 24, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #2,185 of 2,999
$3 vido. Honestly they will do nicely for casual gaming with deep powerful bass and clear mids and high’s and you’ll save money too.

Buy the mic version, it has a normal cable.

http://s.aliexpress.com/QriYbYbQ

and if you want thinner foams to balance out the bass to the mids/high’s then here

http://s.aliexpress.com/veMv6jMb

Its been years since i used an IEM ( last one was Melectronics M9) and just the other day i tried the Audio-Technica's ATH-CKS5505iS , an mid ranged IEM at a store. it costs 2x more than aliexpress earbuds which i have now...although they had an airy sound and decent sub bass, something felt lacking , they sound a bit flat and lack depth . When i went home and tried my R4YS again i seem to prefer the sound of my current earbuds..

Audio-Technica's ATH-CKS5505iS just couldnt reproduce the soundstage which budget aliexpress earbuds can ..Just my thoughts

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #2,186 of 2,999
Every now and again I feel the need to grab a random earbud, one I don't normally listen to. Today I grabbed my Moonbiffy earbud, which cost me $0.75 shipped. It's shiny and purple especially in the cable, reasonably easy to drive, and most certainly not worth the 75 cents I paid. Sonically, vocals are the most forward, with treble and bass feeling a bit muted. It has a short strain relief at the jack, none at all at the earbuds, sounds muffled, has some channel imbalance, reminds me a little of listening to a cheap bluetooth speaker, pretty poor at details too. One good thing is it's no longer for sale on Aliexpress, at least under that name. I'm not a picky listener as far as quality goes, and generally one that looks for what an earphone/headphone is good for. It's good point is you can get music in your ears for under a buck, otherwise I honestly can't think of a redeeming quality. If I knew anything about recabling, I'd almost want to cut off the cable just to use because it's pretty. Otherwise, I really can only use it to serve as a baseline for what little I can expect.

I kind of want to plug it into my iDSD BL, and see how much power it can take before it dies.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #2,187 of 2,999
I kind of want to plug it into my iDSD BL, and see how much power it can take before it dies.

I'd enjoy seeing a video commemorating that! :)

Feb 28, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #2,189 of 2,999
Today I grabbed my Moonbiffy earbud, which cost me $0.75 shipped. It's shiny and purple especially in the cable

For the Moonbiffy fan... purple headphones!

74a0fb9cb0fb2d0648c5225c0f186204.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back