Abrahamsen V6 DAC
Mar 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #91 of 204
So glad I found this thread. Had no idea Abrahamsen was releasing a product like this, and at that price it sounds almost too good to be true. Will call and order it tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Now, if Abrahamsen could release a headphone amp, so I can get rid of my little dot and have a matching setup, that would be the "be all end all" for me.

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #92 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiff_Needle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to send an e-mail to abrahamsen. Who knows... I Might get lucky.
k701smile.gif

I've sent several emails to Abrahamsen, but did not get any answer
frown.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #94 of 204
Edit 03.06: No deal settled after four days, so I withdraw my offer!

The V6.0 seems to be available in Norway only, at least this far.
If you have no luck with Abrahamsen directly I might be willing to act as a middle-man. Ordering a DAC in my name and ship it further to you.

In that case I need all my expenses covered up front, by wire transfer.
Just drop me a PM.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #96 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The V6.0 seems to be available in Norway only, at least this far.
If you have no luck with Abrahamsen directly I might be willing to act as a middle-man. Ordering a DAC in my name and ship it further to you.

In that case I need all my expenses covered up front, by wire transfer.
Just drop me a PM.

Whoa... that's great news!

That would be one huge favor... How much would be the middle man's fee? LoL

Hope reading more reviews regarding the v6 DAC soon.

In case I really decide on purchasing this DAC I'll contact you.

There is one small issue, your eletrical grid in Norway is it also 230v 50Hz? By the way, does any one know if Abrahamsen's equipments have power supplies like Electrocompaniet? What I mean is if they also have available two transformer voltage step internally? I would only need to wire the primary side of the transformer in Series or Paralel depending on the voltage supply of the country.

In my case it would be a Huge plus since I need the two options available (230v@50Hz and 110v@60Hz) since I travel a Lot!

Thanks,

Tiff

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #97 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's mighty kind of you Kai. Hmm, just need more impressions before I'm willing to give it a shot
tongue.gif
Did you get yours yet Kai?

I am quite a kind fellow!
bigsmile_face.gif

Willing to give it a go, but it will certainly be a limited run. Since I have more important things to spend my free time on...

I am perfectly happy with my Isabellina, so no plans getting one for my own.

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #98 of 204
Thanks for your kind offer krmathis!

I'm in the same situation as Ricey20, waiting for more impresions to come. If the V6 gets a positive feedback I might contact you by pm
smile.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #99 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgillo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your kind offer krmathis!

I'm in the same situation as Ricey20, waiting for more impresions to come. If the V6 gets a positive feedback I might contact you by pm
smile.gif

That makes two of us...
o2smile.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #100 of 204
There are only a couple of things that I need to clear out regarding DAC.

One is regarding it's power supply. I need to know it's ability to work with different types of power supply, that is 230v@50Hz and 110@60Hz.

If it's like the EC products, then it shouldn't be a problem since they provide the primary side of the transformer with two voltage steps, hence I could connect the primary side of the transformer in series or in parallel whether I need to plug it into a 110v or 230v grid.

There is also another question that I have to sort out, and it's regarding it's two COAX inputs. I would also like to find out first if it's possible to have them online simultaneously or if I need to change some kind of deep switches or jumper to select whether I want to use COAX1 or COAX2.

Cheers,

HJJ

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #101 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiff_Needle
There is also another question that I have to sort out, and it's regarding it's two COAX inputs. I would also like to find out first if it's possible to have them online simultaneously or if I need to change some kind of deep switches or jumper to select whether I want to use COAX1 or COAX2.

In this picture it looks like you can toggle through which input you want to use with the button on the right. So you can have both coax inputs plugged in at the same time, and pick which one you want to use.

v6.gif

Mar 4, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #102 of 204
^^
Correct

Just so you guys know, the plaque thing on the top is matching gold, not white as it may seem in the pictures, and is inscribed "Abrahamsen V series"

Got mine today, thanks to slow-ass shipping from a retailer I have no digital cabling, so it's collecting dust in my stereo rack as of now.

It's built like a tank, the quality feel and build matches electrocompaniet products perfectly, and the buttons have a distinct clunk when pressed, letting you know that this is not some backyard product, but built by a company with over thirty years of experience in producing top shelf audio products.

Adding the mirror finish of the acrylic plating, and you've got yourself something that will inspire guests to have a second look at.

Mar 4, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #104 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the impressions about the build, now, how about the sound...?
wink.gif

It'll have to be guesswork.
I'm fortunate enough to work with a company associated with electrocompaniet, and I've been told that sound-signaturewise, the two companies, originating from the same founder, produce equipment with similar sonic signatures.
I've been messing about with EC preamps lately, and they have a tendency to blend in with anything connected to it. They seem to draw sonic coloration from other sources, instead of adding their own, something which is a big plus in my book in regards to non-matching setups.

While electrocompaniet amps on electrocompaniet cd-players may sound a bit dull and anonymous, add a component with sparkle, or an emphasis, and you'll be amazed at what you hear.
I bought this DAC and sold my $1500 cd player on these assumptions.

Mar 4, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #105 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilac1
Got mine today, thanks to slow-ass shipping from a retailer I have no digital cabling, so it's collecting dust in my stereo rack as of now.

lol I hate it when this happens! So much planning can go into a system, then the simplest part is the one part you don't have when everything else is there!! Anyway, let us know how it goes when you get your cable!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Also nice to know about the gold plague, it looked a little out of place in the picture with the gold letters, knobs, and feet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back