Abrahamsen V6 DAC
Oct 26, 2008 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 204

Headphony

1000+ Head-Fier
Here's an interesting new DAC in the works:

v6.gif

As I understand, Per Abrahamsen is one of the founders of Electrocompaniet, and he is involved with this relatively new company Abrahamsen. I recently picked up an Abrahamsen V2.0 integrated amp, which sounds very nice.

Oct 26, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 204
Yeah, Per Abrahamsen was one of the founders of Electrocompaniet about 30 years back. In the spring of 2004 Electrocompaniet were officially bankrupt. The rights to Electrocompaniet were later sold to and revived by the company Westcontrol.

Since then Per Abrahamsen has started a new business called Abrahamsen, where the products surprisingly (or not) look a lot like the Electrocompaniet ones.
The Electrocompaniet ECD1 as a comparison:
ecd1%5B1%5D_002.jpeg

For those who understand norwegian there are some nice readings of the history to be found here: AVforum.no - Vis ett enkelt innlegg - Sammenhengen mellom Electrocompaniet og Abrahamsen!

Oct 26, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much will it cost? and what will be on it?
SPECS ?!

The website say:
"V6.0 balanced D/A converter with USB input, more info coming soon!"

Price not mentioned either. But his other V Series products (V1.0, V2.0, V3.0 and V4.0) sell for NOK 9,995 (USD $1400), so I will not be surprised if its the same price for the V6.0 as well.

Oct 27, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #10 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know if they ship overseas? I can not find a dealer in the USA. Thanks.

Don't seem like they have any dealers overseas. But its worth dropping them a short email: sales@abrahamsenaudio.com

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #13 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deftoned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that is probably the best way to do it. I was a bit tired when I wrote that last post. Thanks krmathis!
k701smile.gif

Pleasure is on my side!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have sent them an email. BTW, do you feel that their products would be better or the same as the equivalent from Electrocompaniet. Thanks.

Its not out yet, so its hard to say. The V6 have USB input, so just for that it might be "better"...

Looking at the price tags, and knowing that they are probably designed by the same guy, I guess they will be somewhat close.
Electrocompaniet ECD1 => NOK 11,376 - USD $1,650
Abrahamsen V6 => Guestimated NOK 9,995 - USD $1,450

Users who are viewing this thread

Back