Abrahamsen V6 DAC
Dec 2, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #46 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No need to keep it
smily_headphones1.gif
I am currently trying to get my hands on a Paradisea+ but it does not look too good, so I might just wait and grab that unit from you.

So make sure your review sounds really good
wink.gif

Nice!
I received a PM about one wanting to take it off my hands as well. So guess its no risk. I will watch this thread, reminding me to check out the dealer when it turns January...

It should show up here when its available in the stores.
smile.gif

elkjop.no -> Abrahamsen

Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just checked and can't believe the price is correct. CD-P is around 10000 NOK, the amp too etc. and the DAC only 4000 NOK? OTOH, Cambridge did the same...

Yeah, if the price is right its a lot cheaper than the other products. Fine for me...
V1.0 (CD player) -> NOK 9,995
V2.0 (Integrated amplifier) -> NOK 9,995
V3.0 (Pre-amplifier) -> NOK 7,995
V4.0 (Power amplifier) -> NOK 9,995

..and then the V6.0 (DAC) which are said to be priced at NOK 3,995.
FYI the V5.0 are a balanced mono power amplifier. To be released soon as well, for what I understand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't Elkjøp have a 30 days return policy? At least they used to do if I remember correctly. Could be a nice way to check it out.

Yeah, totally forgot that. Thats certainly an option.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #47 of 204
From the specs it looks as the unit is going to offer the same inputs/outputs as the Cambridge DACMagic. Even if it does not matter much, do we know what chipset they use? Wolfson or CS?

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #48 of 204
Wow sweet DAC thanks for this thread, it is exactly what I am looking for. in this price range 500$ is Paradisea+, DacMagic, now I have to add on my list V.6, Abrahamsen is my favourite number one.

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #49 of 204
Sent Abrahamsen an email to inquire about availability. Below is the response I got. Note that Gigantti is the big electronics chain in Finland that carries Abrahamsen.

"...The V6.0 will be available from February.
It takes a lot of time to get new products in to big chains as Gigantii, so
I have no idea if/when it will be available in these stores.
We will within January open a web-shop, so it is possible to get it directly
from us.

Vennlig hilsen / Best Regards
Thomas Abrahamsen
ECS Holding AS

Ecs Holding AS
www.abrahamsenaudio.com"

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #51 of 204
I would like to see some techical details. What kind of DAC chip it has, does it have upsampling (most likely not at this pricerange), what kind of output it has (opamp or discrete etc...)

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #52 of 204
I have sent a follow up email to Thomas on the availability of the DAC in the USA. Look forward to his response, although last exchange we had in late November it meant I would have to purchase the unit directly from them.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #53 of 204
Nice to see they setting up a web-store, so those living in countries without a local distributor can buy directly from Abrahamsen.
Just one more month...
smile.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #55 of 204
^ The Abrahamsen website still say -> "V6.0 balanced D/A converter with USB input, coming soon!
So I guess they are a bit late...

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #56 of 204
Hi, new in this forum. I`m going to get my V6 dac on thursday or friday 19-20 of february. Abrahamsen has finished 40-50 pices of this dac, but has still no box for it. So local picup is possible. The 100 first of these are pre ordered, and will cost 3000 norwegin kroner.

So the dac is soon avalible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #57 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by matvrak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, new in this forum. I`m going to get my V6 dac on thursday or friday 19-20 of february. Abrahamsen has finished 40-50 pices of this dac, but has still no box for it. So local picup is possible. The 100 first of these are pre ordered, and will cost 3000 norwegin kroner.

smily_headphones1.gif

Good to hear. The price is not bad at all.

Plese give us your impressions when you get your unit.

And welcome to Head-Fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #58 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by matvrak /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds really nice!
...and return with some impressions when you have put your rears to it. In the meantime, cut down on the food intake (matvrak = food wreck). he he

Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back