About to jump into the portable DAC world - looking for critical opinions on amp choice
Jun 11, 2010 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hearMotion

New Head-Fier
I have a Sansa Clip+ which I am quite impressed with.  Its paired with SA6 IEMs which I love for many reasons.  One being when I listen to music its through studio monitors which is a sound I am accustomed to and I love how the SA6 is accurate and flat and still manages to be musical and engaging which most monitors are not.
I have fairly well trained ears and while I am enjoying the Clip with the SA6 as a portable rig but I can hear where amplification would help.  Without trying to sound too wanky there seems to be more a more vivid top end and overall control that could be had with more power.
I want a DAC amp (optical and coax are a strong bonus) to go with the laptop/Clip+ and I am favouring the ibasso D10 at this stage.  I had my eye on the Predator but its a bit expensive and less flexible digitally.
Beating around the bush here but if anyone can see an issue with pairing the D10 and SA6 please let me know. All the waffle above is to give you an idea of how I like my music to sound. 

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #3 of 4
If you need USB and Optical two great options are the iBasso D10 (w/ the TopKit) or the smaller Leckerton UHA-6S. I have compared them side by side and could not detect any difference. If you need coaxial then iBasso D10 would be a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back