AAW Capri Balanced Lightning Audio Cable, with Type-C variant
Feb 3, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #185 of 212
Agree on the app. It’s really needed to address the issues with the bass quantity and impact being reduced and if possible address the hissing. I can live with the hissing, but it really takes away a lot from the enjoyment in my case with the bass reduction. Would also be nice to add an eq like it’s done with the cipher cable.

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #188 of 212
Have replaced this cable 2 times now. Wiring just above the plug isn’t great. It seems to fail after normal use. Audio cuts out or it automatically FF tracks. I’ve also had random moments of my phone saying ‘device not supported’ when I’ve plugged it in (even with the app installed)
The AAW customer support is really average as is their ability to keep the software up to date. I’d go with another cable it’s not worth the pain.

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #189 of 212
Hi @all, there is a new firmware 2.2.2 with minor bug fixes and 25% increment on gain. It should provide good power even for the more demanding iems. do share if you need more power on it. Thanks for the suggestion on the EQ, we are candidly working on that. Do email support@aaw.me if you encounter issues updating the firmware.

As for the type c variant, we have the production unit working perfectly now with good compatibility with most USB3.1 phones. however, one issue we are encountering is the balanced DAC, if working on sampling rate at 96khz, it has compatibilty issues on certain phones. However, if operating on 48khz, it is ok. So still a bit of coding work on that. Unlike most external dacs, which is a one way traffic of data, Capri works with 2 way traffic, concerning support for recording and telephony functions.

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #190 of 212
Thank you for the update. I would appreciate that you keep updating the indigogo site with this information. Production issue and coding issue/bugs is perfectly understandable. No updates for 3 months is not a good thing.

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #194 of 212
Hi @all, there is a new firmware 2.2.2 with minor bug fixes and 25% increment on gain. It should provide good power even for the more demanding iems. do share if you need more power on it. Thanks for the suggestion on the EQ, we are candidly working on that. Do email support@aaw.me if you encounter issues updating the firmware.

Mine will not update from v2.1.9 on either my iPad or my iPhone. Sits at 10%. Waited 15 minutes, no change. Afraid to brick it.

EDIT - Played some music, made sure there was music playing through the Capri, tried the upgrade....it worked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back