AAW Capri Balanced Lightning Audio Cable, with Type-C variant
Feb 26, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #196 of 212
Are people generally happy with the capri? is the hissing gone with the latest version?

updated to 2.2.2
hiss still remains with my JH16pros

FWIW, the Fiio i1 dongle has better sound quality but is unwieldy.
Capri is currently the only available 1-cable option for 2-pin IEMs.
Whenever the Noble Audio Lightning cable is MFI certified, I'll be ordering one to replace Capri.

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #197 of 212
Got the USB-C version last week.

Setup:
Blackberry Keyone
Spotify, Tidal, UAPP
Cosmic Ears CE4P

On initial plug-in into the KeyOne, there is a very slight hiss. Disappeared when music is playing.
Not noticeable unless there is no audio playing and in a quiet environment.

Overall, very clear sound, warm and detailed. Much better than the onboard DAC. A good pairing.

EDIT: Is there an Android application available yet?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #198 of 212
updated to 2.2.2
hiss still remains with my JH16pros

FWIW, the Fiio i1 dongle has better sound quality but is unwieldy.
Capri is currently the only available 1-cable option for 2-pin IEMs.
Whenever the Noble Audio Lightning cable is MFI certified, I'll be ordering one to replace Capri.
This is a digression from the current topic, but were you able to get the i1 to work with the new iOS? My iPhone claims not to recognize it.

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #199 of 212
The FiioConnect app recognizes the i1, but it's not listed as a media playback option.
I have emailed their tech support and I'm waiting for an answer.

EDIT: Fiio i1 works when a headphone cable is attached, but does not work when no 3.5mm cable is connected.

Attachments

• IMG_3061.png
    IMG_3061.png
    462.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3062.png
    IMG_3062.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #202 of 212
@wkwlb

This Capri from AAW has been the worst purchase (thankfully only $80) I have ever made in the audio industry and I will never own an AAW product as long as I live. Seriously, I ordered this on March 9th of 2017 and have still received nothing. I have sent seven emails to cancel my order and request a refund. I have been promised a refund, I have been promised a cable, I have received nothing. I continue to get email updates on the progress and how they cannot figure out how to make this function with USB-C and then finally that they have sort of gotten it to function, but the call feature doesn't work with Samsung phones (umm, the number one manufacturer of phones?). I really hate posting feedback like this, but beware that this company will take your money and give you nothing but empty promises in return for well over a year.

-Collin-

Hi Colin, your situation is being looked into, we hope it will be resolved shortly.

While I actually got my cable(s), I am 100% done with any crowd-funding projects. Too many missed deadlines, 'ghosted' projects, etc.

We actually agree with you. After much reflection we came to the realization that the crowdfunding platform are fundamentally risk mitigation for businesses and transfer risks such as developmental risk, delay, failures to end customers. Such ideal does not fit our aim of long term branding building, sustainable business development and customer satisfaction. We will no longer bring any other developmental or premature projects to market, ever, period.

Aug 7, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #204 of 212
I did actually receive my USB-C variant recently, and it seems to work quite well. However, due to the extreme delay, and other issues unrelated to this product, I actually ended up buying a new phone with headphone jack. I'll hang on the Capri just in case I end up with a jack-less phone again in the future.

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #205 of 212
I received the lower res version type C connector recently, but haven't used it as I switched to a Forza audio one. But when I did I also noticed a slight hiss when there is no music.

More disturbingly though, whenever I stop or start music or a podcast from the screen of my phone (Galaxy S9) I get a blast of feedback in the left channel. With the buttons on the dac itself, there's no problem.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas for solutions?

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #206 of 212
Will this work with the regular, non-balanced IEMs? FLC8s?

May 16, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #209 of 212
I just received this Capri that I ordered.
I was under the impression that it would connect to my AAW W900's but the connector on the Capri is very odd.
The packaging indicates support for both MMCX & 2-Pin.
Does anyone recognize the connector in the photo ?

0516192125.jpg
0516192129.jpg

Jun 3, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #210 of 212
Just got mine... the iOS app to upgrade firmware doesn't work stuck at 10% as many comments on the App store stated :-\

I am pretty happy about the build quality and SQ but it doesn't look like I am getting 128mW into 16ohm at all... I am a low volume listener but some track I am almost maxing out the volume with a high sensitivity low ohm IEM... where is the app to manage the replay gain? This kind of cable, the app is just as important as the gear... should have checked first...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back