AAW Capri Balanced Lightning Audio Cable, with Type-C variant
Oct 28, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #167 of 212
The good news is that I finally received my 2 pin cable after numerous follow up emails to. Kevin Wang at AAW. They are not responsive at all. The bad news is that WAS did not include the iem which was part of the pledge on IG. So far I have send off two emails to SEE but have not heard from them yet. Good thing I have a pair of $20 KZ-ZST so I have a chance to try the cable on my IPhone 6s plus. I was very surprised that it sounded amazing. No hiss and very detail and excellent intimacy of the music. Good bass impact, sound like $500 worth of ie m from my cheapies. I don't know whether I will ever get my ie m from AAW given their spotty customer service and I am fun shy with future IG projects but the cable is good.

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #168 of 212
I don't see anything in your post that would convince me that this cable is better than the cheapo under 10$ Apple dongle. And that is exactly the case right now, Capri provides a fraction of the power and volume.

Since they decided to limit the output volume/power they did not change the description on their website (Maximum Power Output128mW @ 16 Ohms), which is an official sales channel. Im my country you would get sued for false advertisement!

Also next weekend the Can Jam Europe takes place in Berlin. Will not make a good impression if they don't manage to update the firmware untl then, to give us the choice of output power.

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #169 of 212
Happens all the time now. Cable is dead. :angry:

Seems like a loose connection issue, do contact support@aaw.me to get it resolved.

I don't see anything in your post that would convince me that this cable is better than the cheapo under 10$ Apple dongle. And that is exactly the case right now, Capri provides a fraction of the power and volume.

Since they decided to limit the output volume/power they did not change the description on their website (Maximum Power Output128mW @ 16 Ohms), which is an official sales channel. Im my country you would get sued for false advertisement!

Also next weekend the Can Jam Europe takes place in Berlin. Will not make a good impression if they don't manage to update the firmware untl then, to give us the choice of output power.

development of a new app with EQ and custom gain setting is underway

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #172 of 212
Hi, so what is the consensus now? I'mm about to get a Lightning cable for my SE535 and SE846, almost thought I should go with Capri but after reading this thread it seems that Sures cable is the better option?

I have both.

Shure is the safe choice, but as mentioned before, it just works. The sound quality is somehow worse than their regular cable, which is already a piece of crap.

In all fairness, the Capri sounds way better than the Shure - obviously more consideration had been placed on the internal wiring, dac and amp used etc. Much better clarity, details, soundstage and transcients. Mine got negligible hiss and almost twice as much volume as the regular iphone headphone out with my AKG N40 - mine on fw 2.1.9. Maybe all problems mentioned are down to QC issues? Mine was not purchased thru crowdfunding.......was bought at a B&M store so I'm not entirely sure what batch it belongs to.

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #173 of 212
The good news is that I finally received my 2 pin cable after numerous follow up emails to. Kevin Wang at AAW. They are not responsive at all. The bad news is that WAS did not include the iem which was part of the pledge on IG. So far I have send off two emails to SEE but have not heard from them yet. Good thing I have a pair of $20 KZ-ZST so I have a chance to try the cable on my IPhone 6s plus. I was very surprised that it sounded amazing. No hiss and very detail and excellent intimacy of the music. Good bass impact, sound like $500 worth of ie m from my cheapies. I don't know whether I will ever get my ie m from AAW given their spotty customer service and I am fun shy with future IG projects but the cable is good.

Zst is .75 and capri is .78 two pin, and you made it work ok?

Nov 26, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #176 of 212
Even putting 2 pin 0.75 cable into ES3 was no piece of cake for me. My undestanding is the ability to change cables is there in the event something were to break. And using it for everyday detachment was not intended in the design and application. At least this way I can prolong the life of the whole connection.
My thought was to buy a bluetooth cable for each iem I wanted to use with bluetooth.

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #177 of 212
Is this the same size as an authentic iPhone lightning connector? I use an Otterbox case and I’d like to know if the AAW will fit with my case.
2_7cfdb31e-e744-400d-a60c-e14e662317fe_large.png

Dec 8, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #178 of 212
If anyone has the Capri cable and the Shure BT1 cable I'd love to hear a side by side comparison review. Obviously the Capri will sound better but by how much? The BT1 cable sounds pretty good to me, not as good as the analogue cable but still really nice.

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #179 of 212
I ordered the Capri and then cancelled the order, still on the fence about it. It would be great if I only ever listened to my iphone but I need to listen on the mac almost every day and I worry that repeatedly detaching the MMCX connectors will make them fail prematurely. Shame there's no way to connect lightning headphones to a mac, then this would be perfect. Sigh.

Jan 1, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #180 of 212
Anyone compared the Capri with the Accessport?

Also my thought is if you break cables often it may very well be the cables (every single one, every time). But you can take the cable out of the blame game by going completely wireless, and air pod is there to the rescue. Aptx hd and bluetooth 5 should cover most people in coming new year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back