A151+PA2v2 or just CC51?
Aug 2, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #16 of 31

Quote:
I think the CC51 would be better for OP then A151.  It still has a lot of great detail but a more full bodied bass as it is a dynamic driver vs. BA.

I agree, Mike from Meelec sent me a CC51 to try out and I'm blown away. I actually like it's sound more then the A151 mainly because the type of music I listen to. I tend to like warm sound sigs and the CC51 sounds awesome. Can't go wrong with either though.

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #17 of 31
Can someone test out some songs by Sigur Ros, Lantlos (http://youtu.be/19Yp-a2g_18), The Radio Department, or Kent on the CC51 or the A151 or any other recommended earphones and let me know what they think? Would like to know especially how Sigur Ros and Lantlos sound. 

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #18 of 31

Quote:
Can someone test out some songs by Sigur Ros, Lantlos (http://youtu.be/19Yp-a2g_18), The Radio Department, or Kent on the CC51 or the A151 or any other recommended earphones and let me know what they think? Would like to know especially how Sigur Ros and Lantlos sound. 

I listened to Lantlos via youtube on my iPhone 4 and I had no idea what kind of music it was. It hurt my ears lol. All the instruments and such sounded pretty good on the CC51, you can definitely hear everything loud and clear. I'm never listening to that again. 
eek.gif

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #19 of 31
Hahahah I literally lol-ed. FYI its a mix of deathmetal and post-rock :). But yeah it'll hurt your ears at loud volumes. IMO it sounds great with FLAC/CD; I love blasting it on full volume in the car xD. Anyone else?

Edit: Using my crummy default-samsung earphones to listen to this song makes me miss my Phonaks, even though I didnt like them too much... Too bad the wire frayed and idk how to fix it 

Quote:
I listened to Lantlos via youtube on my iPhone 4 and I had no idea what kind of music it was. It hurt my ears lol. All the instruments and such sounded pretty good on the CC51, you can definitely hear everything loud and clear. I'm never listening to that again. 
eek.gif

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #20 of 31

Quote:
Hahahah I literally lol-ed. FYI its a mix of deathmetal and post-rock :). But yeah it'll hurt your ears at loud volumes. IMO it sounds great with FLAC/CD; I love blasting it on full volume in the car xD. Anyone else?

I liked the beginning and was thinking is was a soothing acoustic-like song then the scream began, my ears were scarred lol.

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #22 of 31

Quote:
It's an acquired taste haha. Care to try Sigur Ros? Nothing like Lantlo :D

That I can listen to and it sounds pretty good on the CC51. I wish I had the A151 to compare to right now but you'll definitely hear the lows better on the CC51. From what I remember the A151 was a little more detailed but had less bass. Seriously can't go wrong with either, especially since they can be had for around $50 or so right now brand new.

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #23 of 31

Yes I agree I'm thinking about choosing between the CC51 and the A151. But I'm also considering the FA Eterna and the RE0 as well since they are also pretty cheap
Quote:
That I can listen to and it sounds pretty good on the CC51. I wish I had the A151 to compare to right now but you'll definitely hear the lows better on the CC51. From what I remember the A151 was a little more detailed but had less bass. Seriously can't go wrong with either, especially since they can be had for around $50 or so right now brand new.

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #26 of 31
Aug 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #27 of 31
I just received a reply from Gary  @ electric-avenues. Maybe he's even reading this! He says:

Quote:
The MEE A151s would be a good choice. With them plugged into a dedicated amp you would hear deeper, more powerful bass and cleaner highs. The music should sound more full and exciting. Many people who own the amp say it has a warm sound character.

Which sounds to me like: A151(analytical) + PA2V2 (added "warmth) = Awesomeness. All theoretical though. What do you think? Anyone have experience with the PA2V2?

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #28 of 31

Quote:
I just received a reply from Gary  @ electric-avenues. Maybe he's even reading this! He says:

Which sounds to me like: A151(analytical) + PA2V2 (added "warmth) = Awesomeness. All theoretical though. What do you think? Anyone have experience with the PA2V2?

I may be able to make some time later today to pair my A151 and my PA2v2.  I am interested in seeing for myself now that gary has chimed in via proxy.

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #30 of 31
I did make some time to listen although not compare, I listen to classical, what type of music should I be using, from memory the sound opened up a bit in the soundstage and the detail of the bass was better.

Quote:

I hope you do make some time; I'm eager to hear about the results! I think your input will decide what I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back