A short PX200-II review
Apr 4, 2010 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rurouni

100+ Head-Fier
Thought I'd try to give back to the forums after I used the opinions on the PX200-II to decide on my purchase.

I did a mini review here, some background first, I listen to a wide range of music, ranging from classical, jazz, R&B, folk/rock/pop. In my review I'm basing it partially on my past experience with my Senn HD580s, Grado SR60s and Sony EX85LP.

Ergonomics

Excellent ergonomics in general. The folding design is very convenient and Senn provides a sturdy bag to hold the PX200 in. You have to be careful when folding however to avoid putting un-necessary pressure on the cable.

I have a somewhat large head but found the fit to be very good. I don't like the vice like grips of some closed type headphones so these are a good balance between seal and fit.

Soundstage

As with most closed headphones, soundstaging isn't as good as with open type headphones. Nonetheless the PX200 did a good job here in general. There was good imaging of instruments as well

Bass

I must note here that the bass, especially for percussion is very well detailed. I was very impressed by it.

I do think that due to the small size of the headphones, when you crank up the volume to really high levels and run complex songs, the PX200 can become slightly challenged, but really this would challenge many other closed headphones as well.

In my opinion, the ability to detail bass runs with these headphones make them outstanding in their class.

Highs and Mid-range

Very good in general with good balance. This really shines through on well recorded tracks featuring vocals. Good amount of detail comes through as well which will make live recordings sound fantastic (Try Bruce Springsteen's Live at the Hammerstein 1975 on it!)

Pauses

I'm not sure how to explain it, but for many songs, artists relay on well time pauses as a means of expression. The combination of a low noise floor and very well controlled bass just brings out this expression. If you don't understand this paragraph, don't worry, neither do I, I am just finding it hard to explain lol.

Overall

A solid 9.5/10 for me for the PX200-II. These will probably take over my Sony EX85LPs for duty at work. Once I burn them in, will try it out of a dedicated amp, I'm sure that will help the sound even better. Like many of the reviews on these headphones out there, I can highly recommend these.

Do let me know if anyone has any specific questions on the PX200-II, will be happy to share more!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Great review, and they do get better with burn-in! Not as drastic as some other headphones, but there is this overall refinement, particularly in the soundstage and bass for me. I think they have some of the best imaging and soundstage in lower range headphones I've heard. A slightly warm, laid back, almost neutral presentation make these a very enjoyable listen.

Mar 1, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 5
sorry for bump

about wearing have px 200 II a nice look? 

in this photo seems not:

what do you think about it?
are px 200 II so large at sides?

thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back