A quick bit of Total Bithead love.
Jul 6, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #16 of 99
I didn't want to upgrade my lod either, but I did. Now I'm very satisfied with my Silk doc. I've been looking at the the Bithead ever since I got my new laptop, sounds like you can't go wrong with the Total Bithead.

Ed

Jul 6, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #17 of 99
I actually went to the head-fi store today and found out it was just a problem with my USB cable. That's the second time in a week I've neglected to suspect a lowly cable of being the problem. Watch those cables guys, just when you take them for granted you get one that breaks.

Jul 6, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #18 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
I actually went to the head-fi store today and found out it was just a problem with my USB cable. That's the second time in a week I've neglected to suspect a lowly cable of being the problem. Watch those cables guys, just when you take them for granted you get one that breaks.

Hey man,

Thanks for stopping in today. I wish you had more time to listen but, I'm glad you got your amp back in working order again. I hope it's treating your HF-1's well.

Cheers,
Jamey

Jul 6, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #19 of 99
I'm so rocking out on the HF-1s right now. Oh, you'll probably be seeing more of me.
280smile.gif

Jul 6, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #20 of 99
Just gotta chime in. I like this amp a lot too. I personally don't really hear the crossfeed... though it could in part be from a poor source or an untrained ear. It just sounds clearer than the PA2V2 that I have. Sadly I can't quite compare it to any other amp in an A/B comparison as of yet. Very clear, and relaxing sound. I can just get lost in music with it.

Do the rest of the Headroom amps have this sound signature just better? I can't really remember from what I heard at the meet.

Jul 6, 2006 at 12:11 PM Post #21 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by biged
I didn't want to upgrade my lod either, but I did. Now I'm very satisfied with my Silk doc. I've been looking at the the Bithead ever since I got my new laptop, sounds like you can't go wrong with the Total Bithead.

Ed

Ed,

You can't. There is no better deal right now than the new Total Bithead for $199. Between it's excellent sound (the improvements Headroom have made are uniformally positive) and its versatility, where can you go wrong. Buy it, enjoy it, and don't look back.

Jul 6, 2006 at 12:14 PM Post #22 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Evil! I'm happy with this cable... why must you tempt me with sweet sweet silver!?

Because I'm a rotten little (well, maybe not quite as little as I'd like) devil
evil_smiley.gif
who is determined to get you the best sound possible from your portable set-up.

Consider this your 40 days of temptation.

Jul 6, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #23 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII
evil_smiley.gif

Well... we'll just see. I think I need to pick up some IEM or a better portable phone before I start getting into the precious metal cables. Every time I get a paycheck, my frothing demand to try out an Etymotic increases.

Jul 7, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #24 of 99
Quote:

Well... we'll just see. I think I need to pick up some IEM or a better portable phone before I start getting into the precious metal cables. Every time I get a paycheck, my frothing demand to try out an Etymotic increases.

Heck, I can hear the difference on my AKG K81DJ's, and they only run about $68 - so you should have no problem with the phones you have.

(Have I tempted you enough yet?
evil_smiley.gif
)

Jul 7, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #25 of 99
Quote:

... the tests I did with it at first seemed pleasurable...

edited out smart aleck comment that wasn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be

Jul 11, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #27 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII
evil_smiley.gif

Well, it's day 36
evil_smiley.gif
have you been tempted enough yet? (You know want one, you know want one, you know want one, you know want one.....)

Jul 28, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #29 of 99
Hmm. Moderately old thread. But I have to post as well. I swore I'd never buy a headphone amplifier. I swore I wouldn't. I said I wouldn't need one, that I would never have a use for such things.

But now I have. And it's all your fault. I got the Total Bithead partially because I need (heh) an amp, and partially because my laptop's sound is out, and I need sound to edit audio files.

My credit card has a hole melted in it now, thanks to you guys. I picked priority overnight shipping from HeadRoom and just can't wait until tomorrow (well, technically, it is tomorrow!)

I hope this thing rocks. Good thing my paycheck arrives soon, too.

Jul 28, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #30 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Kinney
Is the 9" cable that connects it to the ipod good enough or does it need to be upgraded?

Brian, I assume your refering to the mini to mini cable that runs from the headphine out jack to the line-in jack on the TBH. If so, it works quite well. The one I got says Cardas on it, so.....

BUT, if you REALLY want to hear what your iPod (again, I'm assuimg you have one) can do, check one of the cables a www.audiolineout.com. (I'm partial to the Bling Bling Silver myself.) It blows the mini jack cable right out of the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back