A quick bit of Total Bithead love.
Aug 13, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #91 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Ok I'm jumping on the Bithead bandwagon too now. This thing is awesome. I had no idea sound could be this good out of my laptop. Works great with the K701/DT880/HD600 on high gain. Everything else rocks with the low gain.

Now I'm tempted to build a computer-based setup....but my wallet is screaming for me not to...
evil_smiley.gif

That is EXACTLY what happened to me. I lasted about 3 weeks before I ordered a microstack. It wasn't because I didn't like the sound of the Bithead--I did--it just got me to thinking: I wonder just how good computer audio can sound??

You probably don't want to hear this, but it was worth it.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 13, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #92 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan
That is EXACTLY what happened to me. I lasted about 3 weeks before I ordered a microstack. It wasn't because I didn't like the sound of the Bithead--I did--it just got me to thinking: I wonder just how good computer audio can sound??

evil_smiley.gif

DONT SAY IT...

NO.....

Aug 13, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #94 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan

evil_smiley.gif

Well I don't store my music in lossless so I think I'll stick with the Bithead.
tongue.gif
I don't need something like the Micro Stack revealing the flaws in my MP3s, and there is NO way I'd ever re-rip my CDs, would take way too much time (and I don't have the HD space either).

Aug 15, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #95 of 99
how well does the bithead drive the k701's? Can it get them really loud? Is there distortion at high volumes? And how much of the k701's potential is the total bithead able to evoke? thanks

Aug 15, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #96 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by leapincoog
how well does the bithead drive the k701's? Can it get them really loud? Is there distortion at high volumes? And how much of the k701's potential is the total bithead able to evoke? thanks

Can't speak for the K701's, but the Total Bithead drives my K601's just fine. That new gain switch works wonders. I don't hear any distortion at any levels. As for potential, I'd say you'll get about 80% in comparison to a dedicated, full system headphone amp like my Original Electronics Master.

Aug 15, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #97 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII
But you can, and I have. It works. But I don't on a regular basis.

Look, you can only do so much for $199. If having the ability to power your amp from the wall is that important, buy the Total Airhead. If not, buy the Total Bithead. Ain't choice grand?

not really, i dont think it would hurt that much more to have an extra function... i still have my eyes set on the total bithead, since i probably wouldnt't use power from the wall... but i dont think it's too much to ask for.

Aug 16, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #98 of 99
I am even more demanding. I want a line out AND wall power.....

....Oh dear, guess I need the Headroom Destop amp and dac. I like the package with the AKG K701 for $1k! Especially with the £/$ rate at the mo

Jul 24, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #99 of 99
Just my .02... The Total Bithead I have is susceptible to RF interference at multiple frequency ranges. The 2.4Ghz range is definitely the worst in my experience. Even on low gain settings I can hear each keystroke on my bluetooth keyboard. I don't use it anymore because it is just too annoying. I know that this amp represents a good value to some, but I don't think it represents good engineering considering the target mobile market.

Rejection of interference is a very important and relatively simple/inexpensive design consideration. Headroom engineers/mgmt should think about officially addressing this issue for future mobile models.

Someone smart can probably find a cheap and easy workaround for existing owners
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back