A price comparison, the HJE900
Oct 21, 2010 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Klaasje

New Head-Fier
So after reading here for a while in search for new IEMs I found people drooling over the Panasonic HJE900's. Especially the durability convinced me to get my hands on these.
Now I did a little bit of searching around and you guys have been ordering these for 79$ at JR/Amazon.

For comparison, 79$ is 56 euro. On top of that you get free shipping too! Then I take a look at Dutch sites, I find this:
http://www.barrato.nl/?prodid=218312

€140,95 for the same HJE900. Amazing! That's almost 200$
And that is the CHEAPEST I could find online in Holland, in local stores they don't even offer these but they can order them from their suppliers. The price? 169€, which is 240$!!
Unbelievable but take it from me you guys are lucky as hell! I know the Euro:USD ratio is off at the moment but even if it were to be 1:1 it's still a super deal compared to what we have.
Sometimes I really ask myself if the companies think us Europeans are just dumb moneybanks, at the very least they sure are pushing their luck!

Now my question towards you guys is, especially the European Head-Fi'ers, are there any cheap and reliable ways to import from America?
I've already contacted JR.com but they don't ship internationally. Alternatively of course you could always make a deal with an USA citizen to buy and ship it for you...however both parties would need to have alot of trust lol.
Any ideas on this?

Oct 21, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 7
i live in europe, but a friend of mine studies in NJ, usa

so if i need sth he can bring it over at xmas/holidays etc

also having friends living in london helps also as well

no way i would pay something with an inflated price cause the seller thinks he can make an easy buck off my back

nope.

and yes having a strong euro/$ , means it pays to buy stuff from usa...that is until the tables turn...

Oct 21, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 7
well you could buy from the for sale forum. there are always someone who doesn't like it.

Quote:
So after reading here for a while in search for new IEMs I found people drooling over the Panasonic HJE900's. Especially the durability convinced me to get my hands on these.
Now I did a little bit of searching around and you guys have been ordering these for 79$ at JR/Amazon.

For comparison, 79$ is 56 euro. On top of that you get free shipping too! Then I take a look at Dutch sites, I find this:
http://www.barrato.nl/?prodid=218312

€140,95 for the same HJE900. Amazing! That's almost 200$
And that is the CHEAPEST I could find online in Holland, in local stores they don't even offer these but they can order them from their suppliers. The price? 169€, which is 240$!!
Unbelievable but take it from me you guys are lucky as hell! I know the Euro:USD ratio is off at the moment but even if it were to be 1:1 it's still a super deal compared to what we have.
Sometimes I really ask myself if the companies think us Europeans are just dumb moneybanks, at the very least they sure are pushing their luck!

Now my question towards you guys is, especially the European Head-Fi'ers, are there any cheap and reliable ways to import from America?
I've already contacted JR.com but they don't ship internationally. Alternatively of course you could always make a deal with an USA citizen to buy and ship it for you...however both parties would need to have alot of trust lol.
Any ideas on this?

Oct 23, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #5 of 7
I'd like to appeal to a kind Head-Fi member to order and ship one for me 
biggrin.gif

No seriously...I would really appreciate it!

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 7
why don't you just buy from the sale section?

Quote:
I'd like to appeal to a kind Head-Fi member to order and ship one for me 
biggrin.gif

No seriously...I would really appreciate it!

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 7
I had the same question with you and some people from head-fi helped me. You can use an mail forwarding service. In the 79$ you must add 30$ for shipping 10$ service charge and additional taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back