A Pair of HP-1000's just went for $45.00 on Ebay!
Oct 24, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #46 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Nice someone got a better deal than Nikongod!!!

Not anymore since the deal was cancelled.
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #47 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
Well... they almost did.

Yeah, it's a bummer.
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #48 of 283
Quote:

Nice someone got a better deal than Nikongod!!!

Close.... but denied
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #49 of 283
Damn, what excuse is he going to give the guy? He can say "I lost them", since he just relisted them. Ebay is so screwED sometimes.

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #50 of 283
Teerawit,

Was that you who won the auction? Man...if it was you ...I feel bad for you. I hope that no one on headfi bid on this pair of HP1000 so that the seller can lower his price. Infact, we should let Teerawit places the bid and win at the initial bid price, if he is a true winner.

Purk

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #51 of 283
Quote:

Damn, what excuse is he going to give the guy? He can say "I lost them", since he just relisted them. Ebay is so screwED sometimes.

This is the seller's reason for why they were relisted: "Yes, but my wife made a mistake on the price so we decided to relist them for a competative price..thanks for looking! kris"
rolleyes.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #52 of 283
Quote:

This is the seller's reason for why they were relisted: "Yes, but my wife made a mistake on the price so we decided to relist them for a competative price..thanks for looking! kris"
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, very close typo.
blink.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #53 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.h
hahaha nice!!!

I sent the guy a message telling him I (and many others) would have bought them for $2500, then told him I hope that $50 goes to good use!

jeff that was kinda uncool.

from the seller's pov, he will most likely get negative feedback from the original buyer now, and he lost the cost of the the first listing, and he'll lose the cost of the 2nd listing because $2500 is RIDICULOUS, and then he'll have to relist a 3rd time and that will cost him too.

from the buyer's POV, he can justifiably come to your house and break all your toys now.

from your POV, now you should worry about your own rep, since folks will now think you are quite arseholish. you could have at least given that seller a legit number or told him to list it as a regular auction option instead of a buy it now so he wouldn't waste his time. not that i would have even suggested that, as encouraging a seller to break a contract is not cool, period.

sorry to speak plainly, but that's the way it looks from here.

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #54 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Yeah, very close typo.
blink.gif

The numbers are like... right next to each other... so easy to mix up. Whose idea was it to put all the numbers on the same keyboard?

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #55 of 283
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

$45 = $999 or $2500? What?

Ehh I don't care, I wouldn't have even known about this anyway if I had not read the thread.

Do yourself a favor and pick up some K501's from zZounds.com, they kick the $hit out of the two Grado's I have owned (SR-80 and HF-1).

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #56 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
That's a real jerk thing to do. What if you got lucky with a pair of headphones you normally couldn't afford, and someone did that? If the auctioneer puts up a buy it now, it means he/she would be HAPPY to get that price. So if the seller's happy, and the buyer's THRILLED, what's it to you? That's just completely spiteful. not to mention, NO ONE would pay $2500. $1300 maybe, $1500 if they're in great shape, but $2500 is utter BS.

True.. Its also messed up that members here would try to buy the headphones off the winner for 60-90 bucks..

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #57 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Teerawit,

Was that you who won the auction? Man...if it was you ...I feel bad for you. I hope that no one on headfi bid on this pair of HP1000 so that the seller can lower his price. Infact, we should let Teerawit places the bid and win at the initial bid price, if he is a true winner.

Purk

No, it wasn't me. Wish it were though
tongue.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #59 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
Ass.

Yeah, I'm forced to agree. That was a really uncool thing to do.
Because now, in fact, that they are legit Grado's, and the seller knows this, the person who snagged them up is probably sitting in his chair, literally crying and smacking his head against his desk. Hell, if he was a headphone conniseur, he might even commit suicide, or go on a postal rampage and go homicidal.

SO NOW SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!?!??!?!?!?

[puts a sign on jeff.h's back that says "Kick Me For Good Reason"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back