a nod to someone who has served us well
May 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #361 of 372
beerchug.gif

Alex, I guess you now have some view into the joy you allow many of us to experience through your amps.

Thank you for your hard work.

And, of course, a very big thanks to those behind the scenes.

May 27, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #362 of 372
Alex,

You brought us a lot of enjoyment with your hard work, so you should enjoy some fruit from your labours.

Besides that, with the Eagle upgrade, I want to see more amp designs I can build
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #363 of 372
Great to hear that it all arrived safely, and not to forget the fact that you were completely taken by surprise.
biggrin.gif

Enjoy your new toys!

..and please leave us a couple of pictures.

May 27, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #364 of 372
Thanks very much. I just finished building a bijou and the CK2III is my everyday amp. Both are fantastic. Thanks again and enjoy the phones.

Jun 1, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #365 of 372
Folks, I have finally had some time with my new headphones. Thank you all again for this wonderful gift. I have gone from famine to feast in one day!!

I haven't had extensive listening sessions and I chose Alison Krause + Union Station arbitrarily as the first thing to listen to. I did this because when I first fired up my SOHA II and asked my wife to listen to it she actually started to tear up at the beauty of the sound.

First, it's very nice to be able to move from headphone to headphone listening to what they do. They are each very good in their own way. And, of course, they really haven't had any breakin.

I guess you'll want to hear some impressions and the first one is now I need to buy a new source.
smily_headphones1.gif

This particular CD is acoustic-electric with, of course, the amazing voice. The bass is a standup jobbie.

It's pretty easy to tell the characteristics of the headphones in this arrangement and I would say:

1. When I want some serious bass I will use the orthos. They can really hammer out the bass and it is very strong and clean even from an acoustic bass.

2. The Senns and ADs are similar, but different. The ADs excel at highs. And the Senns seem to do everything well.

I was paying careful attention to whether the instruments sounded "real". Things like cymbals and whether they sound like pie plates or real cymbals. Of the three headphones I must admit (though I hate to) that the Senns seem to reproduce the attacks and transients the best, especially at higher volumes.

Next session will be listening with the Bijou. I bet that will be quite different.

Jun 2, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #368 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...when I first fired up my SOHA II and asked my wife to listen to it she actually started to tear up at the beauty of the sound.

Powerful stuff.

Quote:

I guess you'll want to hear some impressions and the first one is now I need to buy a new source.
smily_headphones1.gif

Always something more ain't it.

It's good to see that you both enjoy listening to them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #369 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

uh-oh, I think we've done it... Alex is finally hit with the upgratitus bug
wink.gif

Alex I hear the Beyers sounds awesome on the SOHA II (wink, wink) haha

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #371 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great news!

Enjoy the cans and... where's that kumisa power amp you were talking about over at headwize????
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have something better. As soon as all of these other projects are settle out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #372 of 372
I'm sure happy to see that Dons hard work finally came through for you! I was distracted by my attendance at CanJam. But when I found this thread again, it made me feel real good to know how much you are enjoying your new toys. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back