a nod to someone who has served us well
May 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #332 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by dBel84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I reckon one of us works for usps and is having a good laugh at our anticipation while he/she samples the goods
wink.gif

Don't think I wouldn't have tried if had came through the Knoxville P.O.
tongue_smile.gif

I wish there was one 100% reliable courier... I can't count the times I have tracked a UPS package to the Hub 2 minutes from my house to have it set there for 3-5 days before they decide to deliver it... at least we (usps) try to clear the building every night, well at least we do at my place.

Here's hoping he gets it safely tomorrow!

May 25, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #333 of 372
I have been very happy with USPS in the past and the priority service has never let me down. I suspect that there is something going on as a parcel post package we are expecting from the midwest is 10 days out and they normally take 4-5 days.

It has added to our general anticipation, if AC is aware , he too is having a good laugh at our expense..dB

May 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #335 of 372
Quote:

It is in TEXAS !!!!!! yeeeeha ..dB

That really narrowed it down... is it in Austin?
regular_smile .gif

May 26, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #337 of 372
This is great. I have been out of town for so long that I didn't even know which pair won the vote, but it is just awesome that we got both. Just the other day I heard for the first time the bijou that I helped a friend build. I was really happy that I donated. What a great amp.

May 26, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #338 of 372
Quote:

Yes, it is in his home town P.O. - should be delivered today. So Texas is a big place? I thought the locals just spoke it up
wink.gif
..dB

I always thought in Texas, packages were hand delivered by their local post-women in uniforms:

dallas-cowboy-cheerleaders.jpg

May 26, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #340 of 372
So did you include a note with a link to this thread? I'd love to hear how Alex reacts when he gets the package.
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #341 of 372
Note included, haven't quite figured how to hotlink snailmail yet , probably should have sent the note on my tablet
evil_smiley.gif

I am assuming we will all know as soon as he gets the package open ..dB

May 27, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #342 of 372
Hello everyone. As you all know I received an unexpected package today. When I saw who had sent it I wondered if Don was sending me a Stacker amp to debug!!!!

You have managed to keep this under the radar for me and I have spent the last several hours trying to find a way to thank all of you. When I saw the note in the box with so many of your names on it I was not quite sure what to think! Then there was this Coupon for a $500 Eagle upgrade. I thought that Don was having some fun before I would discover exactly what he had sent me, but with all of the names attached to the Thank You note I didn't quite know what to think.

As I pulled out boxes I found the orthos (beautifully done smeggy, thanks for the time it took and the craftsmanship) and the Senns and the ADs. Folks, I must honestly say that there were tears rolling done my face as I fully realized what you all had done. It is not possible for me to offer even a remotely adequate response. Your graciousness and care have been felt and they are deeply appreciated. Thank you all very much for each of your parts in this. And, especially to Don (who has prototyped more of my amps than anyone) for making it all happen. Thank you.

I wish, somehow, that I could say more about how much this means. Hopefully over the next few days I'll get better at it.
redface.gif

I have not listened to any of the headphones yet, wanting to have the quiet time to settle in with the Bijou and the SOHA II to give them all a good listen. As everyone knows I have been using a pair of Sonys for many years wondering what you all have been talking about when you describe the really good headphones and hoping that I'd get a pair of them someday. Now I have a rack of them!!

And now that I have the full Eagle I guess I'll have to start designing bigger amps for you guys. So I see that there is also method in your madness.
biggrin.gif

Thank you all again. I am still a bit speechless...

May 27, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #345 of 372
Alex, you, listening to your designs, through these phones, is all the gratitude required. It is time you enjoyed the fruits of your efforts, as we all have.

But, at some future date, it would be nice to hear your impressions of each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back