A New Audio Standard Is Forged With Introduction of Sonically Inspiring Hybrid Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jul 12, 2012 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Aurisonics

Member of the Trade: SPEAR Labs (formerly Aurisonics / Fender)
 [size=24pt]A New Audio Standard Is Forged With Introduction of Sonically Inspiring Hybrid Custom In-Ear Monitor[/size]

[size=14pt]NASHVILLE – Aurisonics Incorporated, a forward thinking and groundbreaking in-ear audio products company based in Tennessee, will release the AS-2, its highly anticipated second series custom In-ear monitor for the pro musician market on July 12, 2012.[/size]

[size=14pt]Poised to be a game changer in a highly competitive custom in-ear monitoring market, the AS-2 radiates with unparalleled sonic clarity and beauty, and emerges as a new standard bearer that will delight professional musicians and audiophiles alike. The unique combination of a 15mm dynamic driver and “next generation” dual tweeters has left mouths ajar and cerebral cortexes suspended in audio Nirvana for those fortunate enough to be chosen as sound testers for the AS-2.[/size]

[size=14pt]“This first-generation product has blown away people with its smoothness, clarity and flat response,” said Dale Lott, founder and president of Aurisonics. “Its immediate impact has been confirmed by lovers of fine high-end audio gear all over the world.”[/size]

[size=14pt]Recognizing that true success requires research, Lott reached out to other professionals as he honed the design of the AS-2. Taking in their suggestions (and recounting how industry consumers enthusiastically received the AS-1 and other first wave Aurisonics products), Lott locked in on his clients’ desires to get a greater low end; better sound reproduction; along with producing a repairable product at a lesser cost than competitors in the market. [/size]

[size=14pt]“We received some great suggestions for what the pro-musician market wanted,” Lott continued.  “And one point that became abundantly clear in our research and development is that in-ear monitors have not changed a lot in over 20 years. Well, we set out to change that. The AS-2 is an entirely different animal.”[/size]

[size=14pt]Highlights of the sonic animal the AS-2 developed into consist of:[/size]

1. [size=14pt]A 15mm Dynamic Driver [/size]
  2. [size=14pt]Next Generation Dual Tweeters – custom designed ultra high frequency extension for silky smooth performance [/size]
  3. [size=14pt]The option to tune and adjust the bass response to personal preference [/size]
  4. [size=14pt]Hyper-Coating Comfort Tips (a body heat activated, hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial soft canal coating that forms a solid seal to the ear with maximum comfort[/size]
  5. [size=14pt]Shortened ear canal to reduce annoyance for singers while maintaining a proper seal[/size]
  6. [size=14pt]Recessed cable connectors, which protect the connector from lateral damage and maintains positive connection with the shell [/size]
  7. [size=14pt]Designed to reduce failure rates due to perspiration [/size]
  8. [size=14pt]Addressed issue of ear wax plugging the sound bore[/size]

[size=14pt]“I designed the AS-2 to answer the needs of the touring musician by giving him or her greatly increased performance at a much lower price,” Lott added. “But this is just the beginning! This product is a culmination of our continual process of pushing the envelope to provide products of the highest quality for our customers, while being sonically state-of-the-art and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.”[/size]

[size=14pt]On July 12, The [/size][size=14pt]National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Summer Show 2012 will be Aurisonics’ launch location for the AS-2 (at booth number 1700). There, the AS-2’s target market - [/size][size=14pt]professional musicians, live and studio mix engineers, audiophiles, and pro-sumers – can audition [/size][size=14pt]demo versions of the custom in-ear monitor and have additional questions answered by Aurisonics’ representatives. [/size]

[size=14pt]Base price for the Aurisonics Digital-Hybrid AS-2  starts at $799[/size]

[size=14pt]For further information, please visit Aurisonics website at [/size][size=14pt]www.aurisonics.com[/size][size=14pt].[/size]

[size=14pt]Check out the AS-2 Brochure at AS-2 Brochure.[/size]

[size=14pt]-30-[/size]

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 20
Congrats!

Now..

tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #4 of 20
We will announce a group buy for Head-fi hopefully by next week along with pricing for some of the aesthetic upgrades. So stay tuned for that.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:
We will announce a group buy for Head-fi hopefully by next week along with pricing for some of the aesthetic upgrades. So stay tuned for that.

Hopefully if I could suggest an option:

A percentage off with additional discount (as seen by other group purchases) for an extra 5 or 10 people or a certain set interval.  

Also FlySweep, your wife and your wallet I don't think will be too happy.  :p

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #11 of 20
Hopefully if I could suggest an option:

A percentage off with additional discount (as seen by other group purchases) for an extra 5 or 10 people or a certain set interval.  

Also FlySweep, your wife and your wallet I don't think will be too happy.  :p

Shhhh.

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #13 of 20
I feel lobotomized after reading this. Would love to see review first.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #15 of 20
I have listened to a pair in Nashville!

It sounds very good and certainly beats a pair of CIEMs that I currently owned. 

Dale has my impressions and I'm hoping to get mine very soon! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back