A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!!
Oct 2, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #153 of 386
Apex Maverick

...from Maverick Rock, the highest point of Mount Roraima in South America.

From Wikipedia:

"Since long before the arrival of European explorers, the mountain has held a special significance for the indigenous people of the region, and it is central to many of their myths and legends. The Pemon and Kaponnatives of the Gran Sabana see Mount Roraima as the stump of a mighty tree that once held all the fruits and tuberous vegetables in the world. Felled by Makunaima, their mythical trickster, the tree crashed to the ground, unleashing a terrible flood.[10] Roroi in the Pemon language means blue-green and ma means great."

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #154 of 386
Apex High Fi Audio Bedrock

I thought I'd pick something that emphasized a strong foundation.

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #156 of 386
Apex Chasm

-Looks like an amp Captain Nemo would have on the Nautilus while exploring a few of these under the sea!

Also the word 'Chasm' gives the impression of 'profound difference'.

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #157 of 386
Apex Anechoic ..just cause it reminds me of the isolation chamber from the William Hurt movie Altered States :) 

Super low noise floor marketing buzz word potentially also :) 

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #162 of 386
Someone may think the other way but I want to share mine: Those shiny leds around the volume knob are not a good idea "IMO". Too much eye catching... IMO

For the name, I have no suggestions because of the sparkling character which I don't like. Just my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #163 of 386
looks like a submarine, i would come up with a cool name but i'm not gonna be there :frowning2:

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #164 of 386
Apparently I don't know how to respond to a specific post, so in response to nicolo's post on page 9, which read:

"The tube at the top also reminds me of a lighthouse.

So the Apex "Lighthouse"

....... illuminating a lonely path to great sound in the storm tossed darkness of low quality sound sources"

Oh man, I just took my first look at this thing and thought "Lighthouse", then figured I should do a search to make sure it hadn't already been used. YOU SIR!!!! You. Congrats, hope this worthy name wins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back