A master DAC killer, SMSL SU-X
Feb 7, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #77 of 81
I recently received my SMSL SU-X, tested it against several DACs, I would say this DAC is a real revelation, significantly better than D400ES, it's difficult to find something much better.
Hi, I am really interested in comparison with su-10. I got su-10 and sp400. Looking for some kind of upgrade, but it needs to be a significant one :wink:

Feb 9, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #78 of 81
Does the SU-X with XMOS XU-316 and ES9039SPRO allow internal volume control by OS when connected via USB?

(Example: Would I be able to control its volume internally in macOS/OS X with my Apple keyboard shortcuts? I think this is called USB HID volume control.)

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #79 of 81
Hello friends, I want to share with you my impressions of listening to SMSL SU-X and SMSL SH-X. I've been using them for several weeks now. In addition, before this I tested dozens of different DACs. And I also recently used smsl su-10. New DAC from smsl In my opinion, it is two heads taller than even the Magnificent Su-10.

In addition, the sound of the Su-x is not as warm as that of the Su-10, but at the same time more balanced. The DAC produces fast bass. Very detailed top and looks like a much more grown up device. Which is self-sufficient and no longer tries to prove to anyone that it is the top DAC of the brand.

You can see more details in my two videos. including measurements of both devices. The video is in Russian, but you can use the YouTube translator and I think that you will understand the main essence without any problems.

Su-x review —

Sh-x review —

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #80 of 81
Welcome aboard..
hope your experience is better than mine.. but now we have a statistic on the DOA of this SU-X..
Update on my return of chifi SUX-box .
It took almost a month for it get back to hifigo. They received it on the 17th, but no word on refund. I emailed them, and have not heard anything.. up until this point, they would respond almost immediately.. now that they go the sux-box, silence.. No idea why.. I didnt hesitate and filed a claim with my chase credit card. Now will see if they have a trick up their sleeve, like accuse me of damaging it or replacing the DAC with a bag of rocks and wet paper towels. They also promised me 50 bucks to comp for my $100 shipping (USPS cheapest possible), which I doubt I will ever see..
Overall, this was a garbage experience and I will never buy a chifi box directly from chifibox crap country again, even if its sounds like someone is pouring rainbow colored fairy dust in my ears
Will hijack this thread again if I have an update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back