A master DAC killer, SMSL SU-X
Dec 25, 2023 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81
From entry-level to high-end, SMSL ensures every music lover can afford a well-performing DAC. Mentioning several successful series, the SU line should be put forward. Today, follow their popular SU-10, another detail-oriented DAC comes out at US$999, the SU-X!
c1b3feb8gy1hl03a1gyy2j213h0grq5a.jpg
Thanks to careful design, SU-X provides a unique look, and offers accurate sound reproduction as close as possible to the original signal. It has a higher light transmittance highlights simplicity and beauty, and is equipped with a fully fitted tempered glass display panel high-grade and durable.
1.jpg
SMSL SU-X uses the latest dual ES9039MSPRO DAC chips from ESS, and USB utilizes the XMOS XU316, a true 32-bit USB solution, with PCM 768kHz and DSD512 supported. Combined with Bluetooth 5.1, supporting LDAC, APTX/HD, SBC, AAC.

SMSL SU-X features the self-developed brand-new CK-03 jitter processing circuit, which greatly lowers the clock jitter. It utilizes two groups of linear power supply for digital and analog units separately, providing a stable, reliable, efficient, and low-noise power supply system for SU-X thanks to multiple low-noise regulated power supplies.
2.jpg
Besides, SU-X added 21 high-end dual op-amps and a large number of audio-grade components for higher quality, in addition, it built-in low-noise power processing, improving the power efficiency, and bringing a lower power consumption.
4.jpg
Benefiting from a rigorous design allowing it to provide a precise sound reproduction, SU-X is a wise choice if you're seeking a balanced DAC. As always, any questions, suggestions, and comments are welcome, feel free to contact us for the discount details or anything else, live chat with our CS team, or email us directly at support@shenzhenaudio.com, as well easy to find us on social accounts.

ShenzhenAudio https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio Stay updated on ShenzhenAudio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/shenzhenaudio/ https://twitter.com/shenzhenaudio https://shenzhenaudio.com/
Dec 25, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 81
I love my SMSL stack and I'm sure this unit offers fantastic performance ...

... but somebody really should have spent more time on that name.

Dec 25, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 81
The name reminds me of the car commercial that’s in the original RoboCop movie. :sweat_smile:

i004112.jpg

I'm sure it's a fine sounding DAC, even though I'm not crazy about its offset display design. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 81
Just wait for the upcoming special edition with Advanced Stereo Spectrum (ASS).

All jokes aside, @shenzhenaudio this is one of those situations where the name "SU-X" distracts from the product ... to the point where it could literally impact sales.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #6 of 81
The name reminds me of the car commercial that’s in the original RoboCop movie. :sweat_smile:

i004112.jpg

I'm sure it's a fine sounding DAC, even though I'm not crazy about its offset display design. :ksc75smile:

That’s what I immediately thought of as well.

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 81
Ah... a DAC that finally lives up to its name

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #11 of 81
Ive got the DL200 which is nice except the audible click changing 44.1k to other rates and back. 5 volt output for $200 is worth it. I just don't see the value in 5 times the price when audibly it's going to sound identical.
Until there's a WIFI capable model that integrates the Autoeq database, just no compelling reason to sidegrade these days.

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #12 of 81
A kilobuck just for two ESS chips. Yikes

Dec 26, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #13 of 81
This absurd situation is getting out of control. What the actual F? 1grand for an ESS dac that literally has no redeemable feature/functionality to justify the price!? And I thought Topping D90 III’s Price was Funny… seriously guys, Don’t we have already saturated market with “super accurate”, “true to signal”, “does wonders” and all IC-based DACs from smsl? Seeing product page emphasizing on MQA, well yeah it adds up. ESS+MQA = 1Kilobuck, exactly what everyone demanded. Also That front panel doesn’t look so stack friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back