A little story and some new info on custom iem's...
Aug 23, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #181 of 617
The only problem I had with the triple vs dual-driver, is you are lead to believe the triple driver is automatically better so the only real choice, if you wanted the best, was to go with the ue-10.

The proplem you have is there more to it than just the number of drivers otherwise the sensaphonics wouldn't sound significantly better than the shure E5. You have to factor the tuning, crossover circuit, type of drivers, materials, and how it's all implemented.

Aug 23, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #182 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
The only problem I had with the triple vs dual-driver, is you are lead to believe the triple driver is automatically better so the only real choice, if you wanted the best, was to go with the ue-10.

The proplem you have is there more to it than just the number of drivers otherwise the sensaphonics wouldn't sound significantly better than the shure E5. You have to factor the tuning, crossover circuit, type of drivers, materials, and how it's all implemented.

Or think about full-size cans (Sennheiser, Grado, Sony, etc)... AFAIK they all have just one driver per side, and yet there are widely varying degrees of quality. From *very* bad to *very* good.

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #183 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by random person
...as for the constant discussion of business models and business practices -- please. Save it for your first day of business school -- and then get laughed out of the program.

hey, this is my thread buddy. i can say what i want. i won't tell you what to say in your classroom. my view of their marketing did very much affect my opinion and played a big role in me choosing not to buy their product, so you are mistaken. i laughed ue right off my "to buy list."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D
If you are going to quote something and put it in parenthesis then you need to get your quote correct.

The actual wording on Ultimate Ears website is:

"Quite simply the finest personal monitors in the world."

Big D, thanks for correcting me. Although this misquote does not change anything for the sake of our talks here, i did not mean to misquote their website. that post has been corrected.

my sensas are shipping out tomorrow and are scheduled to arrive on thursday. let the count down begin...

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #184 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by toaster22
my sensas are shipping out tomorrow and are scheduled to arrive on thursday. let the count down begin...

Are they shipping them directly to you or back to your audiologist? Mine will be shipping back to the audiologist so she can check for proper fit.

How many days does it take Sensaphonics to make the headphones? They should have received my molds today (plus she placed a rush on them since I went with overnight delivery) and just wondered if there was any possibility of getting them back by Friday.

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #185 of 617
Quote:

damn, u got your impressions done on 8/16, that's really quick!

I got my impressions done on the 12th, paid for them on the 17th, I wonder when they will ship mine out.

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #186 of 617
well, i had them 2-day shipped back to sensaphonics from Vicky. Since i am going back to college soon, i told vicky when i was going back (the 28'th) and she wrote down that i needed them back by the 26'th, just to be sure that i would receive them before i leave.

again, we already know that each audiologist does things differently, the fact that Vicky took care of my timing for me by writing down that i needed them back by the 26'th eliminated the reason for me to question about overnight shipping and such. i paid extra to have them shipped to sensaphonics as quickly as possible, but once i knew i would have them before i went back to school, it didn't matter much. anyway, i think Doris told me that all of my information was forwarded to the lab today. And they are shipping out tomorrow. So, judging by that it would appear that the actual "building" of the headphones will only take 1 day. The headphones are being shipped directly to me, but if there is a problem upon receiving them, Vicky told me she'd take care of it. Based on the fact that she told me ony a SINGLE person ever needed remoldings, i do not think any problems should be expected.

It appears that how urgent your receiving of the headphones is, and how much extra you're willing to spend for expedited shipping (drops in the bucket in the grand scheme of things) will dictate the amount of time it takes for sensaphonics to make and send back the headphones to you.

knowledge of your order status is a mere phone-call to the company away.

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #187 of 617
Quote:

hey, this is my thread buddy. i can say what i want. i won't tell you what to say in your classroom. my view of their marketing did very much affect my opinion and played a big role in me choosing not to buy their product, so you are mistaken. i laughed ue right off my "to buy list."

Toaster, you might want to be a bit careful there--you and Lindrone might find yourselves working for her (Random Person) someday...
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #188 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayn
damn, u got your impressions done on 8/16, that's really quick!

I got my impressions done on the 12th, paid for them on the 17th, I wonder when they will ship mine out.

Did you get express shipping? If you go with regular shipping, they said the whole process can take up to 3 weeks. I actually opted for overnight shipping since I would have paid more tax than that if I didn't pay in cash.

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #189 of 617
working for a professor? um no that's surely not happening.

but in all these shananigans (which i love btw) did i forget that random person is a female? oops, i should have been a little softer with my words. sorry.

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #190 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
Did you get express shipping? If you go with regular shipping, they said the whole process can take up to 3 weeks. I actually opted for overnight shipping since I would have paid more tax than that if I didn't pay in cash.

Well, UPS ground shipping take up to 5 days each way on its own.. which would attribute to the 3 week...

Working for random person one day? Should that stop us from saying what we want to say on our mind in this thread? Nah
smily_headphones1.gif

That's freedom of speech (damn good thing we're not Yao Ming playing for the Chinese basketball team), and we can sue for wrongful discrimination or something like that, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #191 of 617
RP, a group interested in reviewing UE gear has been reffered to the UE marketing group, and it's not Mindy. I do think that they have an outside company doing the promotions. And yeah, I've read my Kotler, promotion is a only a part of marketing, but it's the part we see most.

I'm not saying marketing is evil, nor am I saying I hate UE. But they have been aggressively going after consumers in a way the other companies are not. But that's the industry's problem not ours.

But Toaster is just demonstrating consumer buyer behavior. And to many consumers, a growing segment in fact, the social behavior of the company matters. Now I'm not saying UE did anything wrong, but if the consumer thinks they did, well that affects the outcome. The information went into the consumer black box, and what came out was a different answer than you seem to predict. Just because it didn't go UE's way is no reason to get angry.

You know yourself you applied the same behavior and came to a different conclusion.

We're allowed to discuss business plans at my college.
confused.gif

Aug 23, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #192 of 617
Julie just told me that my 2XS' left the lab today and will be shipped out tomorrow as well!
k1000smile.gif

Aug 23, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #193 of 617
Actually, lindrone, considering what you do for a living (I read your profile!) you might ALREADY be working for me!
icon10.gif
But maybe your company is too small and we haven't acquired it yet.
icon10.gif

In any case if you did work for me the first thing I'd do is tell you to get those canalphones out of your ears and actually WORK on graphic design instead of spending all day pretending to stare at the screen (You can tell that I've worked with guys like you before -- )
tongue.gif

I just wish people would stop the level of gratuitous attacks on UE. It has nothing to do with the way the 'phones sound. Free speech or not, they don't deserve the level of bashing they've received here. Plus, like it or not, it makes you look stupid, and diminishes your reputation as a reviewer.

Peace -- I'm outta here.

Toaster -- My comments were not exclusively directed at you, so don't take such offense. And certainly don't let it prevent you from buying the Keith Jarrett disk I recommended! It really is awesome!

Aug 23, 2004 at 10:19 PM Post #194 of 617
Quote:

Actually, lindrone, considering what you do for a living (I read your profile!) you might ALREADY be working for me!
icon10.gif
But maybe your company is too small and we haven't acquired it yet.
icon10.gif

Your company is unlikely to acquire where I work unless you're bigger than P&G.
icon10.gif

Quote:

In any case if you did work for me the first thing I'd do is tell you to get those canalphones out of your ears and actually WORK on graphic design instead of spending all day pretending to stare at the screen (You can tell that I've worked with guys like you before -- )
tongue.gif

So you're the type that criticizes your designer for staring at the screen and not doing work while telling me on this forum to stop staring at the screen and starting doing work? Wait, what are you doing again?

Quote:

I just wish people would stop the level of gratuitous attacks on UE. It has nothing to do with the way the 'phones sound. Free speech or not, they don't deserve the level of bashing they've received here. Plus, like it or not, it makes you look stupid, and diminishes your reputation as a reviewer.

Doesn't make you look any better to be here arguing with me. It diminishes your ability to get work done to be arguing with a disreputable reviewer. I mean, seems that you're so busy and all.

Quote:

Peace -- I'm outta here.

Hmm... are you holding up a little gang sign with your right hand while you said that too?

Aug 23, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #195 of 617
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayn
Julie just told me that my 2XS' left the lab today and will be shipped out tomorrow as well!
k1000smile.gif

julie is often the bearer of good news. that's sweet buddy.

Quote:

Toaster -- My comments were not exclusively directed at you, so don't take such offense. And certainly don't let it prevent you from buying the Keith Jarrett disk I recommended! It really is awesome!

well, i have not contributed to the gratuitous attacks on UE, as much as i have merely expressed my disfavorable opinion both for their products and advertising in comparison to sensaphonics. hey, if you "loves these puppies", than just keep on lovin them.

not everyone thinks lindrone's comments make him look stupid. some of what he says is a little over the line, but things like that are only said when other people push him over.

i'm still thinking about that cd.

btw and for the record, are you a guy or a girl?

WOW - lindrone i just read the post you were working on at the same time i was working on mine (yours was posted before mine but was not there when i began typing this post...MAD FUNNY STUFF YO!!!!...holding up gang sign...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back