A little about the Shozy Alien
Mar 24, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #2,401 of 3,124
I want to test my Tralucent Ref.1 with Alien, I've sourced the very unit I used to own, its heading back to me 'on trial' for testing/synergy. If the synergy works out I'll be repurchasing the unit..

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #2,402 of 3,124
I just received the Gold Alien yesterday. After reformatting a 32GB microsd to FAT32 and moving around folders, I was able to use it. I played it all day today for burn in, and I checked the sound occasionally to make sure there were no errors with the files on my sd. I took the microsd out tonight to add a few more albums to it, and after putting it back in there was no sound at all. I've erased and reformatted the SD, then added the original songs and still nothing. I even tried another FAT32 16GB microsd and no sound. Is there something I'm missing, or could the unit be faulty? 

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #2,403 of 3,124
Well one basic thing i would try, empty the sdcard put only one song there, and it would be even better if this song worked before on this device, may be you heard it when you were checking the burn in.

for me i cant think out of 2 choices, either the sdcard or the first song is somehow corrupted.

just some thoughts ..

Edited :

also try it while charging, may be battery is close 0%

klove4252

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #2,404 of 3,124
Make sure the songs have no cover art...I had the problem before and once i removed all cover art from the songs with XLD (on Mac), it works.

But now the unit is sent back for repair...led light is not working. I am using the Gold version. That's my experience so far with Shozy.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #2,405 of 3,124
Thanks for the tips everyone. I think I didn't remove the cover art from the new albums I put on today. Then after deleting everything and reading the same music, I didn't delete the cover art. I just added both the original songs with no cover art and the new songs and it works fine. The sound is pretty incredible. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #2,407 of 3,124
What is the battery life in real life?
My Tera Player does around 15 hours.

From my experience, north of 8 hours but probably can reach around 9? Not as good as TP but at US$150 (price in Singapore), it's not bad :smile:. Cool little player for my need when out and about.

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #2,409 of 3,124
Can you tell me your singapore source? $150 singa is $150AUD, if they ship to oz that's considerable saving, it's $300AUD this way...

Bruce, it's US$150, not S$. Sorry if my message wasn't clear :sweat_smile:. That was the price during CamJam. Think the price has gone up.:scream:
Here's the link: https://www.null-audio.com/collections/digital-product/products/shozy-alien-digital-audio-player-gold-edition

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #2,411 of 3,124
  looks like theres a slight australian tax with the gold alien through noisy motel... which part of australia are you in Bruce?

NSW. 

Tbh I'm really not interested in the Shozy, maybe for a friend, but I kinda feel a certain 'been there done that' being an original Shozy owner. For sure I would love to hear and compare the two (have a/b switch), but cosmetically I would much rather have a deep black than gold.
Shozy would have my money if they supported MP3, FLAC and WAV is just too annoying, and I have 'moved on' with the AP100.
But yeh got a little excited with the prospect of a $150 Alien (new) lol.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #2,412 of 3,124

NSW. 

Tbh I'm really not interested in the Shozy, maybe for a friend, but I kinda feel a certain 'been there done that' being an original Shozy owner. For sure I would love to hear and compare the two (have a/b switch), but cosmetically I would much rather have a deep black than gold.
Shozy would have my money if they supported MP3, FLAC and WAV is just too annoying, and I have 'moved on' with the AP100.
But yeh got a little excited with the prospect of a $150 Alien (new) lol.

if you want to try the new alien im located in the eastern suburbs of sydney

Users who are viewing this thread

Back