A little about the Shozy Alien
Mar 21, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #2,386 of 3,124
  nah it won't, but a fact is digital on/off buttons does drain a bit of batt. 
probably you will just need to plug in power and keep pressing the on button until it charges to activate the batt....

Eh? I mean that it fully charged up, placed in case, put in handbag and then not used/switched on, and 72hrs later flat. I don't have an issue charging it, it goes red and then off once full.

Anyway, it's pure speculation at this point in time, I will fully charge again and leave alone for 48-72 hrs, see if it switches on and if so how much batter life i get. I know when I was using it regularly I always managed a good 4-5hrs (never did listen so long that it ever ran out completely), I'm just concerned that sitting in the DAP drawer for a few months has killed it's battery potential, like once it's fully charged its good for only half the potential hours, and discharges easily when powered off...

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #2,387 of 3,124

Eh? I mean that it fully charged up, placed in case, put in handbag and then not used/switched on, and 72hrs later flat. I don't have an issue charging it, it goes red and then off once full.

Anyway, it's pure speculation at this point in time, I will fully charge again and leave alone for 48-72 hrs, see if it switches on and if so how much batter life i get. I know when I was using it regularly I always managed a good 4-5hrs (never did listen so long that it ever ran out completely), I'm just concerned that sitting in the DAP drawer for a few months has killed it's battery potential, like once it's fully charged its good for only half the potential hours, and discharges easily when powered off...

if any batteries discharge like that in 3 days then for sure it is faulty lol

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #2,388 of 3,124
  if any batteries discharge like that in 3 days then for sure it is faulty lol

But isn't that what happens eventually to most lithium battery powered gear?

Like... when I was using the Alien Shozy I used it all the time, not more than 24-48hrs between uses, and a charge up to full before every use.

I have a DAP drawer and many DAPs inside don't hold a charge anymore, they were left around 50%, switch them on now and they are either dead or very low. This is kinda normal no? None of them had faulty batteries at the time, all performed as expected when being frequently used. It's just no product keeps it's battery life where it was left off when not used for a prolonged period of time (talking years here).

But the Shozy was a fairly recent DAP, it was the second last DAP I played with (AP100 being the replacement since Sep 2015). Since Sep last year it has pretty much been in the DAP drawer, I never expected it to have the same battery life as last left off, so I go and fully charge it, thing is it appeared to drain to completely empty within 72hrs of being recharged back up. So i'm therefore worried that because it could only ever hold 8hrs brand new that now those months of non use have really affected its battery ability.

Anyway, I will do some proper testing. Point is perhaps it's best to drain and charge all things battery powered on a frequent basis (like once a month) to ensure the battery doesn't become sh!t? Or does that do more damage?

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #2,390 of 3,124

But isn't that what happens eventually to most lithium battery powered gear?

Like... when I was using the Alien Shozy I used it all the time, not more than 24-48hrs between uses, and a charge up to full before every use.

I have a DAP drawer and many DAPs inside don't hold a charge anymore, they were left around 50%, switch them on now and they are either dead or very low. This is kinda normal no? None of them had faulty batteries at the time, all performed as expected when being frequently used. It's just no product keeps it's battery life where it was left off when not used for a prolonged period of time (talking years here).

But the Shozy was a fairly recent DAP, it was the second last DAP I played with (AP100 being the replacement since Sep 2015). Since Sep last year it has pretty much been in the DAP drawer, I never expected it to have the same battery life as last left off, so I go and fully charge it, thing is it appeared to drain to completely empty within 72hrs of being recharged back up. So i'm therefore worried that because it could only ever hold 8hrs brand new that now those months of non use have really affected its battery ability.

Anyway, I will do some proper testing. Point is perhaps it's best to drain and charge all things battery powered on a frequent basis (like once a month) to ensure the battery doesn't become sh!t? Or does that do more damage?

doesn't seems normal... go test lol

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #2,391 of 3,124
nah it won't, but a fact is digital on/off buttons does drain a bit of batt. 
probably you will just need to plug in power and keep pressing the on button until it charges to activate the batt....

That happened to mine. Finally got it to charge, but haven't tested battery life since that yet.

As for hiss, the hiss is unaffected by volume level. It's a very low level background noise that I've heard in multiple products from Shozy including 3 different Aliens so not device specific in my experience.

Some people are sensitive to certain frequencies more than others and low level, high frequency hearing loss could also play a part. There are multiple products that I've noticed hiss in while people I trust haven't so there must be biological differences at play.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #2,393 of 3,124
I have a very little hiss on Etymotic HF5 and Westone Um Pro 30, on Etymotic ER4s I no hearing hiss, no hiss on Alien Gold. Return to default volume control system is not defect for me, because I listening about of default volumne, +/- three level of this on which earphone. Build quality Gold version better than first version Alien.
Can't refuse loving Alien for UI but we love Alien for sound, very natural, organic, resolution, details, especially Gold version. For me new Alien is much better than first version, a details, resolution, controlled bass there are better and highs are more. Holography and crossed on of the best in DAP.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #2,394 of 3,124
  I have a very little hiss on Etymotic HF5 and Westone Um Pro 30, on Etymotic ER4s I no hearing hiss, no hiss on Alien Gold. Return to default volume control system is not defect for me, because I listening about of default volumne, +/- three level of this on which earphone. Build quality Gold version better than first version Alien.
Can't refuse loving Alien for UI but we love Alien for sound, very natural, organic, resolution, details, especially Gold version. For me new Alien is much better than first version, a details, resolution, controlled bass there are better and highs are more. Holography and crossed on of the best in DAP.

One of the wonderful things about Ety earphones is that they're not overly sensitive to hiss. Anyway, thanks for your input. It's good to hear more about the Alien Gold from first-handers.

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #2,395 of 3,124
You're welcome. I agree Ety Er-4s not overly sensitive to hiss. Every day I more and more like Alien Gold, for me this is one of the best DAP, despite its large drawbacks for me, no resume last track after turn off.

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #2,397 of 3,124
Another Awesome Combo. Alien + Koss PortaPro (Kramer Modded). I asked Charles at Tera Player since many people recommend Alien as good alternative to Tera Player and asked what the best headphone that goes well with Tera Player. He recommended PortaPro with Kramer Mod. I applied Kramer Mod on PP and it goes really really well with Alien.
gs1000.gif

I just listened Mad Max -Fury Road Soundtrack in HD and I feel like I am in IMAX cinema.
basshead.gif

Great Combo~~~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back